IE8 installation

Zygy

IE8 installation
On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the latest
security update for IE8 but cannot find the original installation. Is there
an easier way of finding out which version one is using (IE7 or IE8) than
going through all the Updates? I used to be in Add/Remove but it is not
there now!

Gordon

Re: IE8 installation

"Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
> On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the latest
> security update for IE8 but cannot find the original installation. Is
> there an easier way of finding out which version one is using (IE7 or IE8)
> than going through all the Updates? I used to be in Add/Remove but it is
> not there now!

Even easier - Open IE and do Help-About!

Richard

Re: IE8 installation

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
>> On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the latest
>> security update for IE8 but cannot find the original installation. Is
>> there an easier way of finding out which version one is using (IE7 or
>> IE8) than going through all the Updates? I used to be in Add/Remove but
>> it is not there now!

> Even easier - Open IE and do Help-About!

Yep .......... but in passing IE8 is listed as an update (not a full
program) so you have to make sure Add/Remove programs is set to show the
updates ............ (well that's how it works out in Vista anyway)

Re: IE8 installation
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

> ...[It] used to be in Add/Remove but it is not
> there now!

Do you use "Registry cleaners"?

Zygy wrote:
> On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the latest
> security update for IE8 but cannot find the original installation. Is
> there
> an easier way of finding out which version one is using (IE7 or IE8) than
> going through all the Updates? I used to be in Add/Remove but it is not
> there now!

Zygy

Re: IE8 installation
I cannot find any option in "View" to do that, so how do I include updates
in the list?
"Richard" <someone@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
>>> On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the
>>> latest security update for IE8 but cannot find the original
>>> installation. Is there an easier way of finding out which version one is
>>> using (IE7 or IE8) than going through all the Updates? I used to be in
>>> Add/Remove but it is not there now!

>> Even easier - Open IE and do Help-About!

> Yep .......... but in passing IE8 is listed as an update (not a full
> program) so you have to make sure Add/Remove programs is set to show the
> updates ............ (well that's how it works out in Vista anyway)

Zygy

Re: IE8 installation
Yes I do. Does the Registry Booster remove it? If so is there a way of
restoring it, just in case I would want to remove IE8 in future as it
appears that the latest update has played havoc with my boot up process. I
have to click on F1 now during the process to get the computer booted up!

>I cannot find any option in "View" to do that, so how do I include updates
>in the list?

In Vista it isn't under views ..... it is under tasks on LHS ......... just
click on 'view installed updates'

Richard

Re: IE8 installation
If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

If Registry Booster automatically creates back-ups of the changes it makes
(or if it prompts you to do so and you've done so), you should be able to
"undo" the damage done by the application. Chances are, however, that
you're looking at a format & clean install of Windows now.

Zygy wrote:
> Yes I do. Does the Registry Booster remove it? If so is there a way of
> restoring it, just in case I would want to remove IE8 in future as it
> appears that the latest update has played havoc with my boot up process. I
> have to click on F1 now during the process to get the computer booted up!
>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>>> ...[It] used to be in Add/Remove but it is not
>>> there now!

>> Do you use "Registry cleaners"?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>
>> Zygy wrote:
>>> On what date was IE8 installed in Updates by Microsoft? I have the
>>> latest
>>> security update for IE8 but cannot find the original installation. Is
>>> there
>>> an easier way of finding out which version one is using (IE7 or IE8)
>>> than
>>> going through all the Updates? I used to be in Add/Remove but it is not
>>> there now!

Zygy

Re: IE8 installation
I am a self taught user of Vista 32bit, so I do not know what LHS stands for
and where to find it. Can you be little more generous with your words? Thank
you.

> "Zygy" <zygy@commonwealth.com> wrote in message
>>I cannot find any option in "View" to do that, so how do I include updates
>>in the list?

> In Vista it isn't under views ..... it is under tasks on LHS .........
> just click on 'view installed updates'
>
> Richard

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 installation