not happy with IE8

Tom Leonard

not happy with IE8
When trying to open web pages I continually get "Internet Explorer cannot
display the webpage." Refreshing does no good. Sometimes clicking the
"diagnose connection problems" button will open the page. But usually I have
to close the window or tab, open it again, then try to open the web site
again.

I have read some of your other comments. I have AVG anti-virus and it is
updated regularly. I also use Malwarebytes' anti-malware. It is also updated
and used regularly. I don't use any add-ons. I have Windows XP Pro.

How do I delete IE8 and re-install IE7?
Gordon

Re: not happy with IE8

"Tom Leonard" <Tom Leonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news98E4475-3897-407B-8163-3DF0358FB9C6@microsoft.com...

> How do I delete IE8 and re-install IE7?

Same as uninstalling any Windows Update....

Re: not happy with IE8
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

====================================

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Tom Leonard wrote:
> When trying to open web pages I continually get "Internet Explorer cannot
> display the webpage." Refreshing does no good. Sometimes clicking the
> "diagnose connection problems" button will open the page. But usually I
> have
> to close the window or tab, open it again, then try to open the web site
> again.
>
> I have read some of your other comments. I have AVG anti-virus and it is
> updated regularly. I also use Malwarebytes' anti-malware. It is also
> updated
> and used regularly. I don't use any add-ons. I have Windows XP Pro.
>
> How do I delete IE8 and re-install IE7?

Tom Leonard

Re: not happy with IE8
If I knew how to do that do you think I would have asked?

> If I knew how to do that do you think I would have asked?

Do you not know how and where to uninstall a program?

Leonard Grey

Re: not happy with IE8
<below>
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gordon wrote:

> "Tom Leonard" <TomLeonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If I knew how to do that do you think I would have asked?
>>

> Do you not know how and where to uninstall a program?

....or how to use Google?

LG
Toni

Re: not happy with IE8
If you don't even know how to uninstall a program, then IE8 is most definitely not your
problem.

"Tom Leonard" wrote...
> If I knew how to do that do you think I would have asked?
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>

>> "Tom Leonard" <Tom Leonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news98E4475-3897-407B-8163-3DF0358FB9C6@microsoft.com...
>>
>> > How do I delete IE8 and re-install IE7?

>> Same as uninstalling any Windows Update....

Stuart B

Re: not happy with IE8
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:33:03 -0700, Tom Leonard <Tom
Leonard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When trying to open web pages I continually get "Internet Explorer cannot
>display the webpage." Refreshing does no good. Sometimes clicking the
>"diagnose connection problems" button will open the page. But usually I have
>to close the window or tab, open it again, then try to open the web site
>again.
>
>I have read some of your other comments. I have AVG anti-virus and it is
>updated regularly. I also use Malwarebytes' anti-malware. It is also updated
>and used regularly. I don't use any add-ons. I have Windows XP Pro.
>
>How do I delete IE8 and re-install IE7?

I had the same problem with pages not opening particularly when
clicking links in mails . I tried to revert to IE7 but that got messed
up so I'm living with IE8 for now

--
Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
amsat

Re: not happy with IE8

I agree with you..
Todd DiRoberto
::'Todd DiRoberto of American Satellite, Inc Announces
HughesNet to be Added to Product Line' (http://tinyurl.com/mr3evk)::

--
amsat
Gordon

Re: not happy with IE8

"amsat" <amsatprovider@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I agree with you..

Agree with whom and about what?

Please QUOTE the post you are replying to - this is NOT a chatroom.