ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'

Allan Brunner

ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'
This has suddenly started popping up every time I try to access
www.theanswerbank.co.uk through Explorer. Doesn't make any difference if it's
7 or 8. Emailed MS technical support who were sigularly unhelpful as usual.
However, when I access through Firefox there is no problem so it's got to be
something linked with IE. OS is Vista (plse Microsoft, with your new OS can
we have something that is as fast and stable as XP!!!!) Anybody got any
ideas? Kind regards
--
Allan Brunner

Re: ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'
Cannot reproduce here.

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
in the background when you installed IE7 and/or IE8?

4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

Allan Brunner wrote:
> This has suddenly started popping up every time I try to access
> www.theanswerbank.co.uk through Explorer. Doesn't make any difference if
> it's 7 or 8. Emailed MS technical support who were sigularly unhelpful as
> usual. However, when I access through Firefox there is no problem so it's
> got to be something linked with IE. OS is Vista (plse Microsoft, with your
> new OS can we have something that is as fast and stable as XP!!!!) Anybody
> got any ideas? Kind regards

Gordon

"Allan Brunner" <allanbrunner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This has suddenly started popping up every time I try to access
> www.theanswerbank.co.uk through Explorer. Doesn't make any difference if
> it's
> 7 or 8. Emailed MS technical support who were sigularly unhelpful as
> usual.
> However, when I access through Firefox there is no problem so it's got to
> be
> something linked with IE. OS is Vista (plse Microsoft, with your new OS
> can
> we have something that is as fast and stable as XP!!!!) Anybody got any
> ideas? Kind regards
> --
> Allan Brunner

Seems to be perfectly OK here on IE8.
Have you googled? Seems like there's a lot of stuff about this. Take your
pick.....
http://www.google.com/search?q=ADODB...8&sourceid=ie7

Re: ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'
Dreamweaver CS3 strikes again? => http://forums.adobe.com/thread/454471

Gordon wrote:
> "Allan Brunner" <allanbrunner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This has suddenly started popping up every time I try to access
>> www.theanswerbank.co.uk through Explorer. Doesn't make any difference if
>> it's
>> 7 or 8. Emailed MS technical support who were sigularly unhelpful as
>> usual.
>> However, when I access through Firefox there is no problem so it's got to
>> be
>> something linked with IE. OS is Vista (plse Microsoft, with your new OS
>> can
>> we have something that is as fast and stable as XP!!!!) Anybody got any
>> ideas? Kind regards
>> --
>> Allan Brunner

> Seems to be perfectly OK here on IE8.
> Have you googled? Seems like there's a lot of stuff about this. Take your
> pick.....
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ADODB...8&sourceid=ie7

Michel Doucet

Re: ADODB.Command error '800a0d5d'
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:54:26 -0400, *PA Bear [MS MVP]* a
caressé son clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> Dreamweaver CS3 strikes again? => http://forums.adobe.com/thread/454471

It's amazing ff is abble to cancel errors !

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ...
Gordon

> Dreamweaver CS3 strikes again? => http://forums.adobe.com/thread/454471

;-)