Laptop (Acer) hangs totally / stopped function

tutbylvasya

Laptop (Acer) hangs totally / stopped function
..NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Operating System Windows Vista
Operating System Language English

PC ACER Extensa 5630g;
OS Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1;
IE 7.0;//checked with version IE 8.0 as well - problem exists;
Adobe reader 8.1.0.137;

1. Open IE, with google.com address;

2. search to pdf documents by query filetypedf;

3. In results window: click some link (can click 2 or 3 links as well) to
pdf doc with button pushed Ctrl (it opens in new tab ) or Shift (opens in New
window) - it starts to download PDF doc and further opening it with Adobe
Reader(as COM/ActiveX?);

4. In time IE loads and opens PDF document Move your mouse cursor on all
screen width (my mouse is USB connected) on some stage when PDF doc opens and
user moves the mouse laptop hangs totally: cant change windows, cant use the
mouse/keyboard and more. Laptop doesnt start functioning after some time
too/half hour/

5. I updated IE from 7.0 to 8.0 - problem existed;

6. I checked the same with FireFox - can't repeat this bug! now using
FireFox instead IE.
Actual Results
laptop hangs and to start working i need shut it down by pushing power
button for few seconds //power shutdown without software shutdown
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Laptop (Acer) hangs totally / stopped function
Hello,

Try disabling add-ons. First ensure that all instances of IEXPLORE.EXE are
ended in Task Manager.

*** If you are running IE6: ***
Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced (tab) > UNCHECK "Enable
third-party browser extensions" > OK

Run IE6 now.

If it works now, one of your add-ons is causing the problem. Start Internet
Explorer as normal, Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons.

Disable all the add-ons. Enable third-party browser extensions in Internet
Options.

Restart your browser and enable the add-ons one by one till the problem
appears and you get the culprit.

*** If you are running IE7 ***
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
Internet Explorer 7 (No Add-ons) to start without any add-ons. Try using the
browser and see if the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE7 normally, go to Tools >
Manage Add-ons and disable all the add-ons. Enable each add-on one at each
time, restart and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

(if the menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard)

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"tutbylvasya" <tutbylvasya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
> Operating System Windows Vista
> Operating System Language English
>
> PC ACER Extensa 5630g;
> OS Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP1;
> IE 7.0;//checked with version IE 8.0 as well - problem exists;
> Adobe reader 8.1.0.137;
>
> 1. Open IE, with google.com address;
>
> 2. search to pdf documents by query filetypedf;
>
> 3. In results window: click some link (can click 2 or 3 links as well) to
> pdf doc with button pushed Ctrl (it opens in new tab ) or Shift (opens in
> New
> window) - it starts to download PDF doc and further opening it with Adobe
> Reader(as COM/ActiveX?);
>
> 4. In time IE loads and opens PDF document Move your mouse cursor on all
> screen width (my mouse is USB connected) on some stage when PDF doc opens
> and
> user moves the mouse laptop hangs totally: cant change windows, cant use
> the
> mouse/keyboard and more. Laptop doesnt start functioning after some time
> too/half hour/
>
> 5. I updated IE from 7.0 to 8.0 - problem existed;
>
> 6. I checked the same with FireFox - can't repeat this bug! now using
> FireFox instead IE.
> Actual Results
> laptop hangs and to start working i need shut it down by pushing power
> button for few seconds //power shutdown without software shutdown

tutbylvasya

Re: Laptop (Acer) hangs totally / stopped function
Hi!
Problem staing...
I've tryed exactly what you said me:
..Closed ALL iexplorer sessions;
..Disabled ALL addons in IE;
Checked twice and twice have bingo
Some more ideas?
Thank for advance

"Singapore Computer Service" wrote:

> [...]
> > window) - it starts to download PDF doc and further opening it with Adobe
> > Reader(as COM/ActiveX?);
> >
> > 4. In time IE loads and opens PDF document Move your mouse cursor on all
> > screen width (my mouse is USB connected) on some stage when PDF doc opens
> > and
> > user moves the mouse laptop hangs totally: cant change windows, cant use
> > the
> > mouse/keyboard and more. Laptop doesnt start functioning after some time
> > too/half hour/
> >
> > 5. I updated IE from 7.0 to 8.0 - problem existed;
> >
> > 6. I checked the same with FireFox - can't repeat this bug! now using
> > FireFox instead IE.
> > Actual Results
> > laptop hangs and to start working i need shut it down by pushing power
> > button for few seconds //power shutdown without software shutdown

Donald Anadell

> Hi!
> Problem staing...
> I've tryed exactly what you said me:
> .Closed ALL iexplorer sessions;
> .Disabled ALL addons in IE;
> Checked twice and twice have bingo

> Some more ideas?

Any particular reason why you haven't upgraded the Adobe Reader to it's
current version? The current version of the Adobe Reader is:
"Adobe Reader version 9.1.2"

You might try uninstalling your old 8.1.0 version of the Adobe Reader and
installing the latest version of the software to see if it makes a
difference for you.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> [...]
>> > screen width (my mouse is USB connected) on some stage when PDF doc
>> > opens
>> > and
>> > user moves the mouse laptop hangs totally: cant change windows, cant
>> > use
>> > the
>> > mouse/keyboard and more. Laptop doesnt start functioning after some
>> > time
>> > too/half hour/
>> >
>> > 5. I updated IE from 7.0 to 8.0 - problem existed;
>> >
>> > 6. I checked the same with FireFox - can't repeat this bug! now using
>> > FireFox instead IE.
>> > Actual Results
>> > laptop hangs and to start working i need shut it down by pushing power
>> > button for few seconds //power shutdown without software shutdown

tutbylvasya

Re: Laptop (Acer) hangs totally / stopped function
Hi Donald,
Thanks for advice,
I did update Adobe ver 8.xx to newest 9.xx..
Didn't do better - laptop hangs.
It looks strange enaught...
I'll try explain in human language
Say, I click on any link to .pdf document (2-4MB size) - IExplorer starts to
load it and in some point (when it has first portion loaded of this doc) it
begins to display it. If user moves mouse cursor at this stage IE hangs in
majority, opposite If user doesn't touch mouse IE doesnt hangs.
I saw events in events viewer - I'll try collect events connected to hanging
and to put here later - saw some info about cpu clock violation.

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

> "tutbylvasya" <tutbylvasya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > Problem staing...
> > I've tryed exactly what you said me:
> > .Closed ALL iexplorer sessions;
> > .Disabled ALL addons in IE;
> > Checked twice and twice have bingo

> > Some more ideas?

> Any particular reason why you haven't upgraded the Adobe Reader to it's
> current version? The current version of the Adobe Reader is:
> "Adobe Reader version 9.1.2"
>
> You might try uninstalling your old 8.1.0 version of the Adobe Reader and
> installing the latest version of the software to see if it makes a
> difference for you.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell

Donald Anadell

> Hi Donald,
> Thanks for advice,
> I did update Adobe ver 8.xx to newest 9.xx..
> Didn't do better - laptop hangs.

You might try to see if it's another third party Add-on that is causing the
problem with Adobe Reader. Use the Manage Add-ons Tool and disable all
Non-Microsoft Add-ons except the Adobe Reader Add-on (Adobe PDF Link
Helper). If the problem does not persist in this state, then re-enable the
other Add-ons one by one until to find the offending Add-on.

> It looks strange enaught...
> I'll try explain in human language
> Say, I click on any link to .pdf document (2-4MB size) - IExplorer starts
> load it and in some point (when it has first portion loaded of this doc)
> it
> begins to display it. If user moves mouse cursor at this stage IE hangs in
> majority, opposite If user doesn't touch mouse IE doesnt hangs.

See if the Add-on troubleshooting mentioned above resolves the issue.

> I saw events in events viewer - I'll try collect events connected to
> hanging
> and to put here later - saw some info about cpu clock violation.

Other resources:
http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/
http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Good luck,