Why does IE not open a dialog, when press ENTER on a file input?

Boris2002

Why does IE not open a dialog, when press ENTER on a file input?
Hello everyone,
As you know, when I click on a file input, a dialog opens, to select a local
file.
But if I press ENTER key while the focus on the file input, the dialog do
not open.
Why? For security reason? How can I open it?
Thanks.

BTW: Firefox can open a dialog when press ENTER key.
Gordon

Re: Why does IE not open a dialog, when press ENTER on a file input?

"Boris2002" <Boris2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> As you know, when I click on a file input, a dialog opens, to select a
> local
> file.
> But if I press ENTER key while the focus on the file input, the dialog do
> not open.
> Why? For security reason? How can I open it?
> Thanks.
>
> BTW: Firefox can open a dialog when press ENTER key.

What do you mean by "file input" dialog?
Enumerate the steps you are actually taking before you press "enter" as in
File-Open etc etc and tell us at what stage you are pressing "enter"?

Boris2002

Re: Why does IE not open a dialog, when press ENTER on a file inpu
html tag: <input type=file ....>
Its function is to select a local file. I use it to upload a file.
I press TAB to move the focus to the button of the input, and press ENTER. I
wish it to show the dialog, as it clicked by the mouse. But no dialog
displayed.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Boris2002" <Boris2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,
> > As you know, when I click on a file input, a dialog opens, to select a
> > local
> > file.
> > But if I press ENTER key while the focus on the file input, the dialog do
> > not open.
> > Why? For security reason? How can I open it?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > BTW: Firefox can open a dialog when press ENTER key.

> What do you mean by "file input" dialog?
> Enumerate the steps you are actually taking before you press "enter" as in
> File-Open etc etc and tell us at what stage you are pressing "enter"?

Luuk

Boris2002 schreef:
> "Gordon" wrote:
>
>> "Boris2002" <Boris2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello everyone,
>>> As you know, when I click on a file input, a dialog opens, to select a
>>> local
>>> file.
>>> But if I press ENTER key while the focus on the file input, the dialog do
>>> not open.
>>> Why? For security reason? How can I open it?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> BTW: Firefox can open a dialog when press ENTER key.

>> What do you mean by "file input" dialog?
>> Enumerate the steps you are actually taking before you press "enter" as in
>> File-Open etc etc and tell us at what stage you are pressing "enter"?
>>

> html tag: <input type=file ....>
> Its function is to select a local file. I use it to upload a file.
> I press TAB to move the focus to the button of the input, and press

ENTER. I
> wish it to show the dialog, as it clicked by the mouse. But no dialog
> displayed.

try to hist the SPACE bar, in stead of the ENTER key

--
Luuk
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Why does IE not open a dialog, when press ENTER on a file input?
Hello,

This is the default action for ENTER keys for file input. When you press
ENTER in the file input box, IE by default executes the onSubmit action for
the parent FORM tag. If no onSubmit is specified, it will submit the form.

You may be able to overwrite this by using Flash for the file input, just
like imageshack.us is doing.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service