Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken

collinse90

Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken

Have tried about 5 different things that include, ipconfig /flushdns,
reset router, uninstall google toolbar, and many more...

Can i get some help!!!!???

--
collinse90
Leonard Grey

Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to bebroken
If your ISP's DNS servers are causing a problem, you have four choices:

1. Use IP addresses instead of URLs.
2. Wait until your ISP is able to resolve the problem(s).
3. Complain to your ISP.
4. Use third-party DNS servers, like OpenDNS: http://www.opendns.com

There is nothing that you can do about someone else's servers.

On the other hand, if you provide a full, detailed description of your
problem, you may discover it has nothing to do with a DNS server.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

collinse90 wrote:
> Have tried about 5 different things that include, ipconfig /flushdns,
> reset router, uninstall google toolbar, and many more...
>
> Can i get some help!!!!???

collinse90

Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken

well whats happening is this... all sites are working correctly except
for the site i visit the most...for some reason it wont work, i have
accessed it on another computer so its not the website...i have cleared
the cashe but i cant figure this out

--
collinse90

Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken
Full Windows version is...?

collinse90 wrote:
> Have tried about 5 different things that include, ipconfig /flushdns,
> reset router, uninstall google toolbar, and many more...
>
> Can i get some help!!!!???

collinse90

'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
> ;1570000']Full Windows version is...?
>
> collinse90 wrote:
> > Have tried about 5 different things that include, ipconfig /flushdns,
> > reset router, uninstall google toolbar, and many more...
> >
> > Can i get some help!!!!???

Vista x64 bit

--
collinse90

Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken
Vista x64, Vista x64 SP1, Vista x64 SP2?

collinse90 wrote:
> 'PA Bear [MS MVP Wrote:
> >Full Windows version is...?
>>
>> collinse90 wrote:
>>> Have tried about 5 different things that include, ipconfig /flushdns,
>>> reset router, uninstall google toolbar, and many more...
>>>
>>> Can i get some help!!!!???

> Vista x64 bit

Robert Aldwinckle

"collinse90" <bsballplaya22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41d0f21ac399f33e5d4333279fe19f36@nntp-gateway.com...

> well whats happening is this... all sites are working correctly except
> for the site i visit the most...for some reason it wont work, i have
> accessed it on another computer so its not the website...i have cleared
> the cashe but i cant figure this out

What site? What link? Are you are using it in a Favorite?
If so, the site may not want you to enter via a backdoor like that.
Start at the root domain and navigate to wherever it is instead.
If that works you could create a Favorite for the root.

---

RRNRR is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken
First of all, I would like to say that everyone here has done an excellent job of relaying the issue at hand, "The link is NOT connecting....PERIOD!!!" AND nobody has posted a single answer to the real issue. When using Google Chrome in the past, Windows never kept track of the URL history....it didn't care. BUT, now with some new changes, either by Windows, or by Google, the URL History is being tracked in the "Temporary Internet Files" folder. This connectivity between browsers may be causing all of the link up issues...no matter what browser you use the issue pops up. This leads me to believe its a Windows change. Am I out of line?????

---[/quote]

RRNRR is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Having problems with DNS, getting oops this link appears to be broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Aldwinckle View Post
"collinse90" <bsballplaya22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41d0f21ac399f33e5d4333279fe19f36@nntp-gateway.com...

> well whats happening is this... all sites are working correctly except
> for the site i visit the most...for some reason it wont work, i have
> accessed it on another computer so its not the website...i have cleared
> the cashe but i cant figure this out

What site? What link? Are you are using it in a Favorite?
If so, the site may not want you to enter via a backdoor like that.
Start at the root domain and navigate to wherever it is instead.
If that works you could create a Favorite for the root.

---
Could the fact that the different browsers are now being tracked in the "Temporary Internet Files" folder in Windows and possibly causing all of the no link issues? In the past, Windows did not care about any browsing History from Google Chrome (my second browser) and now it lists most history.