Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut

[Crosspost to IE General]

Is IE7 or IE8 installed?

Danny wrote:
> Can I open 3 specific websites with one shortcut; and another 3 with a new
> shortcut?
> example: 3 mail websites with one, and 3 financial websites with
> another...just with one click per icon.

Danny

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
IE8

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> Is IE7 or IE8 installed?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Danny wrote:
> > Can I open 3 specific websites with one shortcut; and another 3 with a new
> > shortcut?
> > example: 3 mail websites with one, and 3 financial websites with
> > another...just with one click per icon.

SPAMCOP User

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
Danny,

Don't waste your time with P A Bear as he searches Google or gives out
invalid advice a lot of the time

What will he do with your "IE8" answer? Nothing except [X-Post] it to
another newsgroup if he hasn't already done so already

--
SPAMCOP User

"Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE8
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Is IE7 or IE8 installed?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Danny wrote:
>> > Can I open 3 specific websites with one shortcut; and another 3 with a
>> > new
>> > shortcut?
>> > example: 3 mail websites with one, and 3 financial websites with
>> > another...just with one click per icon.

Danny

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
I appreciate your time and efforts to help resolve my need. Can you kindly
guide me to create a shortcut which will open in one window/ 2 tabs offcourse
www.msn.com
www.yahoo.com

Setting it as home page won't help since I need to make a few more shortcuts
opening other multiple websites.

Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

"SPAMCOP User" wrote:

> Danny,
>
> Don't waste your time with P A Bear as he searches Google or gives out
> invalid advice a lot of the time
>
> What will he do with your "IE8" answer? Nothing except [X-Post] it to
> another newsgroup if he hasn't already done so already
>
> --
> SPAMCOP User
>

> "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > IE8
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [Crosspost to IE General]
> >>
> >> Is IE7 or IE8 installed?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

The Real Truth MVP

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
Cut and paste everything between the lines below, paste it into note pad.
Save the file as links.bat and save it to the desktop. Make sure you change
the drop down box next to save as type: to all files. Once saved double
click on the file to run it.

Begin cut below this line
************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
start http://www.msn.com
start http://www.yahoo.com

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
End cut above this line

your time.

>I appreciate your time and efforts to help resolve my need. Can you kindly
> guide me to create a shortcut which will open in one window/ 2 tabs
> offcourse
> www.msn.com
> www.yahoo.com
>
> Setting it as home page won't help since I need to make a few more
> shortcuts
> opening other multiple websites.
>
> Thanks a lot in advance for your support.
>

> "SPAMCOP User" wrote:
>
>> Danny,
>>
>> Don't waste your time with P A Bear as he searches Google or gives out
>> invalid advice a lot of the time
>>
>> What will he do with your "IE8" answer? Nothing except [X-Post] it to
>> another newsgroup if he hasn't already done so already
>>
>> --
>> SPAMCOP User
>>

>> "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > IE8

Danny

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
YESSSSSS!!!!!!
Thank You MVP. It worked just perfect.

"The Real Truth MVP" wrote:

> Cut and paste everything between the lines below, paste it into note pad.
> Save the file as links.bat and save it to the desktop. Make sure you change
> the drop down box next to save as type: to all files. Once saved double
> click on the file to run it.
>

> Begin cut below this line
> ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
> start http://www.msn.com
> start http://www.yahoo.com
>

> ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
> End cut above this line
>
> --
> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
> your time.
> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>

> "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I appreciate your time and efforts to help resolve my need. Can you kindly
> > guide me to create a shortcut which will open in one window/ 2 tabs
> > offcourse
> > www.msn.com
> > www.yahoo.com
> >
> > Setting it as home page won't help since I need to make a few more
> > shortcuts
> > opening other multiple websites.
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance for your support.
> >

> > "SPAMCOP User" wrote:
> >
> >> Danny,
> >>
> >> Don't waste your time with P A Bear as he searches Google or gives out
> >> invalid advice a lot of the time
> >>
> >> What will he do with your "IE8" answer? Nothing except [X-Post] it to
> >> another newsgroup if he hasn't already done so already
> >>
> >> --
> >> SPAMCOP User

The Real Truth MVP

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
You're Welcome.

your time.

> YESSSSSS!!!!!!
> Thank You MVP. It worked just perfect.
>
> "The Real Truth MVP" wrote:
>
>> Cut and paste everything between the lines below, paste it into note pad.
>> Save the file as links.bat and save it to the desktop. Make sure you
>> change
>> the drop down box next to save as type: to all files. Once saved double
>> click on the file to run it.
>>

>> Begin cut below this line
>> ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
>> start http://www.msn.com
>> start http://www.yahoo.com
>>

>> ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
>> End cut above this line
>>
>> --
>> The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
>> *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
>> They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
>> waste
>> your time.
>> David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.
>>

>> "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I appreciate your time and efforts to help resolve my need. Can you
>> >kindly
>> > guide me to create a shortcut which will open in one window/ 2 tabs
>> > offcourse
>> > www.msn.com
>> > www.yahoo.com
>> >
>> > Setting it as home page won't help since I need to make a few more
>> > shortcuts
>> > opening other multiple websites.
>> >
>> > Thanks a lot in advance for your support.

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
See IE8 Help | Tabbed browsing FAQ | "How do I save a group of tabs" and
"How do I open a saved group of tabs?"

Or simply open IE Tools | Internet Options | General and type the 3 websites
on 3 separate lines in the Home Page box; e.g.,...

www.hotmail.com
www.yahoo.com
www.myfavorite****.com

Danny wrote:
> IE8
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> [Crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Is IE7 or IE8 installed?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Danny wrote:
>>> Can I open 3 specific websites with one shortcut; and another 3 with a
>>> new
>>> shortcut?
>>> example: 3 mail websites with one, and 3 financial websites with
>>> another...just with one click per icon.

Ron Sommer

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
Robear,
Your answers applied to both IE 7 and 8.
--
Ron Sommer

> See IE8 Help | Tabbed browsing FAQ | "How do I save a group of tabs" and
> "How do I open a saved group of tabs?"
>
> Or simply open IE Tools | Internet Options | General and type the 3
> websites on 3 separate lines in the Home Page box; e.g.,...
>
> www.hotmail.com
> www.yahoo.com
> www.myfavorite****.com
>

> Danny wrote:
>> IE8
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> [Crosspost to IE General]
>>>
>>> Is IE7 or IE8 installed?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: multiple wesites with one shortcut
[OP originally posted in WinXP General w/out stating his IE version.]