IE8 History problem

Paul

IE8 History problem
I delete my ie8 history and the same sites return. I can delete sites I have
visited later, but the same sites keep reappearing in history.
--
Help
Toni

Re: IE8 History problem
I've heard of Firefox having this problem, but never IE.

Are you deleting your history, or your cache?

Also, immediately after you delete your history, what do you see when you press ctrl-H?

"Paul" wrote...
>I delete my ie8 history and the same sites return. I can delete sites I have
> visited later, but the same sites keep reappearing in history.
> --
> Help

Paul

Re: IE8 History problem
ctrl H has history empty. I am using internet options delete history, safety
delete history, and CCleaner.

I have tried alot of free scans and paid for reg cure. No help
--
Help

"Toni" wrote:

> I've heard of Firefox having this problem, but never IE.
>
> Are you deleting your history, or your cache?
>
> Also, immediately after you delete your history, what do you see when you press ctrl-H?
>

> "Paul" wrote...
> >I delete my ie8 history and the same sites return. I can delete sites I have
> > visited later, but the same sites keep reappearing in history.
> > --
> > Help

Re: IE8 History problem
> I have...paid for reg cure.

Ah! If you think your Registry needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099 and draw your own conclusions.

Paul wrote:
> ctrl H has history empty. I am using internet options delete history,
> safety
> delete history, and CCleaner.
>
> I have tried alot of free scans and paid for reg cure. No help
>
>> I've heard of Firefox having this problem, but never IE.
>>
>> Are you deleting your history, or your cache?
>>
>> Also, immediately after you delete your history, what do you see when you
>> press ctrl-H?
>>

>> "Paul" wrote...
>>> I delete my ie8 history and the same sites return. I can delete sites I
>>> have visited later, but the same sites keep reappearing in history.
>>> --
>>> Help

Toni

Re: IE8 History problem
If the history is indeed empty after you delete your history, then something is
restoring it. Since IE doesn't have the capability to restore deleted files, something
on your computer is restoring them. Look for a task that is running that might regularly
run System Restore. I'd also look at any utilities or security suites you are using, or
any other programs you run that are non-standard.

"Paul" wrote...