IE8 slows Internet access

Steve Hughins

IE8 slows Internet access
After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.

Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.

Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?

The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium

Thank you for you assistance

Steven M Hughins
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 slows Internet access
Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

For detailed instructions on removing IE 8, conduct a web search with
the following search term:

how to remove or uninstall internet explorer 8
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Steve Hughins wrote:
> After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
> down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
> display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.
>
> Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
> indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
> again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.
>
> Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
> be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?
>
> The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank you for you assistance
>
> Steven M Hughins

Steve Hughins

Re: IE8 slows Internet access
Leonard,

The browser would not respond when "No Add-Ins" was sellected. Used the
command line script to remove IE8. Everything is fine now.

Thanks for your help!

Steve

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>
> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>
> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> following target path:
>
> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>
> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
> how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>
> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>
> For detailed instructions on removing IE 8, conduct a web search with
> the following search term:
>
> how to remove or uninstall internet explorer 8
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Steve Hughins wrote:
> > After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
> > down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
> > display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.
> >
> > Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
> > indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
> > again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.
> >
> > Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
> > be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?
> >
> > The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium
> >
> > Thank you for you assistance
> >
> > Steven M Hughins

Toni

Re: IE8 slows Internet access
99% of the time the most common cause of this is almost certainly a virus or other
malware. The malware had adapted itself to IE7 because that is what you had when the
malware installed itself. When you installed IE8, the malware saw unfamiliar files and
so is choking your connection. Going back to IE7 will only leave the malware happy and
intact.

What anti-virus are you using?

"Steve Hughins" wrote...
> After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
> down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
> display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.
>
> Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
> indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
> again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.
>
> Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
> be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?
>
> The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank you for you assistance
>
> Steven M Hughins

NovHak

Re: IE8 slows Internet access
Hmmm, I would not consider this a victory...

"Steve Hughins" wrote:

> Leonard,
>
> The browser would not respond when "No Add-Ins" was sellected. Used the
> command line script to remove IE8. Everything is fine now.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Steve
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
> >
> > If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
> > Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
> >
> > If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
> > box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
> >
> > Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
> > following target path:
> >
> > "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
> >
> > If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
> > caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
> > how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
> >
> > Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
> > software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
> >
> > For detailed instructions on removing IE 8, conduct a web search with
> > the following search term:
> >
> > how to remove or uninstall internet explorer 8
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > Steve Hughins wrote:
> > > After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
> > > down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
> > > display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.
> > >
> > > Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
> > > indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
> > > again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.
> > >
> > > Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
> > > be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?
> > >
> > > The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium
> > >
> > > Thank you for you assistance
> > >
> > > Steven M Hughins

Toni

Re: IE8 slows Internet access
This story doesn't sound right at all.

"Steve Hughins" wrote...
> Leonard,
>
> The browser would not respond when "No Add-Ins" was sellected. Used the
> command line script to remove IE8. Everything is fine now.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Steve
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:
>>
>> If you have XP: Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
>> Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>>
>> If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
>> box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)
>>
>> Alternatively, you can create a shortcut on your desktop with the
>> following target path:
>>
>> "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
>>
>> If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
>> caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
>> how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.
>>
>> Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
>> software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.
>>
>> For detailed instructions on removing IE 8, conduct a web search with
>> the following search term:
>>
>> how to remove or uninstall internet explorer 8
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Steve Hughins wrote:
>> > After downloading and installing IE8 the Internet access speed has slowed
>> > down from that of IE7. All pages take can take up to and over a MINUTE to
>> > display. When running IE7, the pages displayed in a matter of seconds.
>> >
>> > Also, the browser, IE8, will stop responding and display a message
>> > indicating that it has to quit! After IE8 exits and I start the browser
>> > again, it gives and option to resume where it left off.
>> >
>> > Any help with these issues will be greatly appreciated. Also, how can IE8
>> > be removed when there is no option in Programs and Features to remove IE8?
>> >
>> > The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium
>> >
>> > Thank you for you assistance
>> >
>> > Steven M Hughins

amsat

Re: IE8 slows Internet access

Yes that's right..
Todd DiRoberto
::'Todd DiRoberto of American Satellite, Inc Announces
HughesNet to be Added to Product Line' (http://tinyurl.com/mr3evk)::

--
amsat