What a pitiful update

BW

What a pitiful update
Microsoft,

Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the web
browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
was:

Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.

Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this department.

Take care. I will miss you IE (not).

BW
Singapore Computer Service

Re: What a pitiful update
Hello,

** Solution 1 **
Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

** Solution 2 **
In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
attacks' > OK

** Otherwise **
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft,
>
> Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
> update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the
> web
> browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
> was:
>
> Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
> opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
> close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.
>
> Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
> webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this
> department.
>
> Take care. I will miss you IE (not).
>
> BW

Leonard Grey

Re: What a pitiful update
But what will you do after you screw up Firefox? Eventually you're going
to run out of browsers.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

BW wrote:
> Microsoft,
>
> Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
> update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the web
> browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
> was:
>
> Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
> opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
> close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.
>
> Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
> webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this department.
>
> Take care. I will miss you IE (not).
>
> BW

skeeter

Re: What a pitiful update

"BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft,
>
> Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
> update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the
> web
> browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
> was:
>
> Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
> opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
> close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.
>
> Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
> webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this
> department.
>
> Take care. I will miss you IE (not).
>
> BW

i'm personally hurt by your choices.

bobster

Re: What a pitiful update
It's not IE8 that's pitiful my friend, it's the guy who has mucked up his
computer. Look in the mirror.

I upgraded to IE8 from a fast, reliable IE7 and have been very pleased with
the result. IE8 loads pages in 1-2 seconds and has been completely
reliable. The secret is to have a clean, well protected machine and keep it
updated. I've tried Firefox and its OK but I certainly wouldn't prefer it
over IE8.

"BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Microsoft,

Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the
web
browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
was:

Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.

Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this department.

Take care. I will miss you IE (not).

BW

williamtell

Re: What a pitiful update
On your way out, may the doorknob hit you, where the good lord split you!

"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> It's not IE8 that's pitiful my friend, it's the guy who has mucked up his
> computer. Look in the mirror.
>
> I upgraded to IE8 from a fast, reliable IE7 and have been very pleased
> with
> the result. IE8 loads pages in 1-2 seconds and has been completely
> reliable. The secret is to have a clean, well protected machine and keep
> it
> updated. I've tried Firefox and its OK but I certainly wouldn't prefer it
> over IE8.
>
> ================================================== =============
>

> "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Microsoft,
>
> Using Windows XP right now, and been an IE user for years, but your latest
> update to IE8 is pitiful. I switched to Firefox and couldn't believe the
> web
> browsing speed that I was missing. However, my main reasons for switching
> was:
>
> Open up a new tab and the webpage would hang, not load (same thing with
> opening up a new browser window). Only way to resolve was to completely
> close IE8 and restart the program, which is a PITA.
>
> Sorry, I will not switch back to IE ever. Firefox is cruising and loading
> webpages so fast, I am very surprised that IE is lacking in this
> department.
>
> Take care. I will miss you IE (not).
>
> BW

Toni

Re: What a pitiful update
You know, I'm ashamed to admit that at first I believed all the negative propaganda
about IE8.

But after installing it on my test machine I now realize that all those stories are now
bull**** from Firefox weenies.

"bobster" wrote...