IE8 C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error

Joan

IE8 C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error
The application requests the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I ran
the fix twice and it's back.

Can somebody please help me with this?

I've been dealing with this for weeks. This is my most major problem with IE
8. I've used Internet Explorer for years and have never had a problem with an
upgrade I couldn't fix in a day.

Alan Edwards

Re: IE8 C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error
Do you mean this?

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way.
----
Try uninstalling the Google toolbar using Control Panel-Add/Remove.

Another option:
Malware Removal:

Another option:
Another user receiving runtime errors fixed it by disabling McAfee's
Anti-Phishing filter.

What "fix" did you run?

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:09:02 -0700, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, Joan
<Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The application requests the runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I ran
>the fix twice and it's back.
>
>Can somebody please help me with this?
>
>I've been dealing with this for weeks. This is my most major problem with IE
>8. I've used Internet Explorer for years and have never had a problem with an
>upgrade I couldn't fix in a day.

Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE8 C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error
Hello,

** Solution 1 **
Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

** Solution 2 **
In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
attacks' > OK

** Otherwise **
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service