IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download

Lorena & Mike

IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
I can not see any of my IE toolbars. Nor can I right click to get any options
to change my toolbars or other options for IE.

I tried reloadng IE 8, and 7, but Activex will not show at the top header to
add.

My toolbar tabs indicate nothing.

I can not copy/paste in IE.

I can not review or uppdate my IE at Windows update using IE.

All I have or can do in IE is forward/back button and search. nothing else
works.

System Restore does not fix my issue.

Iinternet Options will not function

How can I fix my IE or reinstall. Thx
--
Thx

Lorena
Leonard Grey

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
Try F11.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Lorena & Mike wrote:
> I can not see any of my IE toolbars. Nor can I right click to get any options
> to change my toolbars or other options for IE.
>
> I tried reloadng IE 8, and 7, but Activex will not show at the top header to
> add.
>
> My toolbar tabs indicate nothing.
>
> I can not copy/paste in IE.
>
> I can not review or uppdate my IE at Windows update using IE.
>
> All I have or can do in IE is forward/back button and search. nothing else
> works.
>
> System Restore does not fix my issue.
>
> Iinternet Options will not function
>
> How can I fix my IE or reinstall. Thx

Lorena & Mike

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
Yup, tried that.

It seems that IE has no functionality. I can not see or add to favorites, I
can not seem to use any of IE's functionality. I tried reloading IE 8 but I
can not get to the drop down yellow bar for ActiveX.

Any help plz?

--
Thx

Lorena

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Try F11.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Lorena & Mike wrote:
> > I can not see any of my IE toolbars. Nor can I right click to get any options
> > to change my toolbars or other options for IE.
> >
> > I tried reloadng IE 8, and 7, but Activex will not show at the top header to
> > add.
> >
> > My toolbar tabs indicate nothing.
> >
> > I can not copy/paste in IE.
> >
> > I can not review or uppdate my IE at Windows update using IE.
> >
> > All I have or can do in IE is forward/back button and search. nothing else
> > works.
> >
> > System Restore does not fix my issue.
> >
> > Iinternet Options will not function
> >
> > How can I fix my IE or reinstall. Thx

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

Lorena & Mike wrote:
> Yup, tried that.
>
> It seems that IE has no functionality. I can not see or add to favorites,
> can not seem to use any of IE's functionality. I tried reloading IE 8 but
> can not get to the drop down yellow bar for ActiveX.
>
> Any help plz?
>
> Leonard Grey wrote:
>> Try F11.
>>
>> Lorena & Mike wrote:
>>> I can not see any of my IE toolbars. Nor can I right click to get any
>>> options to change my toolbars or other options for IE.
>>>
>>> I tried reloadng IE 8, and 7, but Activex will not show at the top
>>> header
>>> to add.
>>>
>>> My toolbar tabs indicate nothing.
>>>
>>> I can not copy/paste in IE.
>>>
>>> I can not review or uppdate my IE at Windows update using IE.
>>>
>>> All I have or can do in IE is forward/back button and search. nothing
>>> else works.
>>>
>>> System Restore does not fix my issue.
>>>
>>> Iinternet Options will not function
>>>
>>> How can I fix my IE or reinstall. Thx

Lorena & Mike

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
see below in CAPS
--
Thx

Lorena

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.

XP 2ND EDITION

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

CAN ONLY USE NO-ADD ONS BUT NOTHING STARTA.E IS DEAD

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

I TRIED IE ADVANCED BUT NOTHING WILL OPEN HERE EITHER

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

SAME

> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?

I HAD TREND MICRO, BUT NOTHING NOW. NO ANTI SW, NOTHING WAS RECENTLY REMOVED
AS I WAS ABOUT TO PLACE TRND MOIC ON MY LAPTOP.

> 4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?

NO

> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

I HAVE ALREADY TRIED A RESTORE POINT LAST WEEK. NO DIFFERENCE.
> --

I DID REMOVE SOME PROGRAMS. PERHAPS I REMOVED A PROGRAM IE NEEDS?

MY IE ICONS DONT START IE NOR DOES MY WINDOWS LIVE MAIL RUN.

THX FOR YOUR HELP AND KINDNESS

LORENA

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Lorena & Mike wrote:
> > Yup, tried that.
> >
> > It seems that IE has no functionality. I can not see or add to favorites,
> > can not seem to use any of IE's functionality. I tried reloading IE 8 but
> > can not get to the drop down yellow bar for ActiveX.
> >
> > Any help plz?
> >
> > Leonard Grey wrote:
> >> Try F11.

Lorena & Mike

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
Also, Internet Options in the Control Panel does not open.

--
Thx

Lorena

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Lorena & Mike wrote:
> > Yup, tried that.
> >
> > It seems that IE has no functionality. I can not see or add to favorites,
> > can not seem to use any of IE's functionality. I tried reloading IE 8 but
> > can not get to the drop down yellow bar for ActiveX.
> >
> > Any help plz?
> >
> > Leonard Grey wrote:
> >> Try F11.

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
> I HAD TREND MICRO, BUT NOTHING NOW. NO ANTI SW...

Backup your personal data, then do a format & clean install of Windows.
Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this!

cf. http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a network and before using a USB key that
isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

5 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...nced/xppc.mspx

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...66ae41add7dd2b

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...e/prevent.mspx

Rogue Security Software - Microsoft Security:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ses/rogue.mspx

Lorena & Mike wrote:
> see below in CAPS
>
>> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2)
>> when posting to this newsgroup.

> XP 2ND EDITION
>>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start
>> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> CAN ONLY USE NO-ADD ONS BUT NOTHING STARTA.E IS DEAD
>>
>> => Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:

> I TRIED IE ADVANCED BUT NOTHING WILL OPEN HERE EITHER
>>
>> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]

> SAME
>>
>> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed
>> IE8?

> I HAD TREND MICRO, BUT NOTHING NOW. NO ANTI SW, NOTHING WAS RECENTLY
> REMOVED
> AS I WAS ABOUT TO PLACE TRND MOIC ON MY LAPTOP.
>>
>> 4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>> this
>> bought
>> it)?

> NO
>>
>> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
>> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

> I HAVE ALREADY TRIED A RESTORE POINT LAST WEEK. NO DIFFERENCE.
>> --

> I DID REMOVE SOME PROGRAMS. PERHAPS I REMOVED A PROGRAM IE NEEDS?
>
> MY IE ICONS DONT START IE NOR DOES MY WINDOWS LIVE MAIL RUN.
>

> THX FOR YOUR HELP AND KINDNESS
>
> LORENA
>
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Lorena & Mike wrote:
>>> Yup, tried that.
>>>
>>> It seems that IE has no functionality. I can not see or add to
>>> favorites,
>>> can not seem to use any of IE's functionality. I tried reloading IE 8
>>> but
>>> can not get to the drop down yellow bar for ActiveX.
>>>
>>> Any help plz?

Lorena & Mike

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
I best locate and backup my data files? How about programs?
--
Thx

Lorena

How can I find and back up my data?

Do I just run
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5afa8ed33e121c
to format/clean my system?

--
Thx

Lorena

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]

> > AS I WAS ABOUT TO PLACE TRND MOIC ON MY LAPTOP.
> >>
> >> 4b. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
> >> this
> >> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought
> >> it)?

> > NO
> >>
> >> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> >> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

> > I HAVE ALREADY TRIED A RESTORE POINT LAST WEEK. NO DIFFERENCE.
> >> --

> > I DID REMOVE SOME PROGRAMS. PERHAPS I REMOVED A PROGRAM IE NEEDS?
> >
> > MY IE ICONS DONT START IE NOR DOES MY WINDOWS LIVE MAIL RUN.
> >

> > THX FOR YOUR HELP AND KINDNESS
> >
> > LORENA
> >
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: IE toolbars, functions are not visiable. Can not download
A1. Yes.

A2. No, you will have to reinstall them after the clean install.