"Webpage trying to close window"

Perry

"Webpage trying to close window"
IE8 ran fine for the first few days after I installed it. But now, a few
minutes after opening the program, I get a dialogue box that says "The
webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close
the window?" Regardless of whether I hit Yes or No, the same thing happens:
the window remains open, but a large white square remains above the desktop
but below any open windows. While this is just a nusiance right now, I want
to fix it before it gets worse. Any suggestions?

Re: "Webpage trying to close window"
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

Which webpage? All webpages or just some? What's your home page?

Perry wrote:
> IE8 ran fine for the first few days after I installed it. But now, a few
> minutes after opening the program, I get a dialogue box that says "The
> webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to
> close
> the window?" Regardless of whether I hit Yes or No, the same thing
> happens:
> the window remains open, but a large white square remains above the
> desktop
> but below any open windows. While this is just a nusiance right now, I
> want
> to fix it before it gets worse. Any suggestions?

wmatyi

Re: "Webpage trying to close window"
I get the same thing, does'nt matter what do when i close my browser its
there, then the white box just stays on my desktop...........vista

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which webpage? All webpages or just some? What's your home page?
>
> Perry wrote:
> > IE8 ran fine for the first few days after I installed it. But now, a few
> > minutes after opening the program, I get a dialogue box that says "The
> > webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to
> > close
> > the window?" Regardless of whether I hit Yes or No, the same thing
> > happens:
> > the window remains open, but a large white square remains above the
> > desktop
> > but below any open windows. While this is just a nusiance right now, I
> > want
> > to fix it before it gets worse. Any suggestions?

Perry

Re: "Webpage trying to close window"
My Windows is Windows Vista™ Home Premium Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
Build 6001 and my home page is My Yahoo. However, I usually get past that and
my problem happens in the next page or two, regardless of what it is.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> Which webpage? All webpages or just some? What's your home page?
>
> Perry wrote:
> > IE8 ran fine for the first few days after I installed it. But now, a few
> > minutes after opening the program, I get a dialogue box that says "The
> > webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to
> > close
> > the window?" Regardless of whether I hit Yes or No, the same thing
> > happens:
> > the window remains open, but a large white square remains above the
> > desktop
> > but below any open windows. While this is just a nusiance right now, I
> > want
> > to fix it before it gets worse. Any suggestions?

Re: "Webpage trying to close window"
Is http://my.yahoo.com/ (and not https://my.yahoo.com/) your home page and
are you already signed-in? And is the next page or two a secure (https:// )
webpage or is it another Yahoo page where you want to sign-in using another
Profile?