have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet explore

Shwan

have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet explore
hello there i have a problem i can't view any of websites listed in history
tab of IE7

when i click on it to open the address become like this for all websites
res://ieframe.dll/unknownprotocol.htm#027181

and when i right click on the website in history tab and choose " Properties
"
the internet address shown like this
n@http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?qsc0=0&q=ie7+history+location+xp&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBME1&l=1

i dont know how to remove " n@ " from the address to make the websites work
in history tab

also i can't find the history folder in C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Local Settings\

i tried to find it but i cant
i tried to create a folder named "history" in the same distination but
windows gie me a message that this file allready exisit but i cannot see it
also when i choose " show hidden files from the folder options "

- info
i did clear
i am using windows XP home edition

Re: have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet explore
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to
this newsgroup.

Is this a sudden, new problem?

Shwan wrote:
> hello there i have a problem i can't view any of websites listed in
> history
> tab of IE7
>
> when i click on it to open the address become like this for all websites
> res://ieframe.dll/unknownprotocol.htm#027181
>
> and when i right click on the website in history tab and choose "
> Properties
> "
> the internet address shown like this
> n@http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx?qsc0=0&q=ie7+history+location+xp&mkt=en-US&FORM=QBME1&l=1
>
> i dont know how to remove " n@ " from the address to make the websites
> work
> in history tab
>
> also i can't find the history folder in C:\Documents and
> Settings\Owner\Local Settings\
>
> i tried to find it but i cant
> i tried to create a folder named "history" in the same distination but
> windows gie me a message that this file allready exisit but i cannot see
> it
> also when i choose " show hidden files from the folder options "
>
> - info
> i did clear
> i am using windows XP home edition

Shwan

Re: have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet exp
Hello thank you for your replay

as i said my windows version is " Windows XP home edition "

thank you again

Shwan

Re: have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet exp
Windows XP home edition SP2

Re: have a problem viewing websites in the history of internet exp
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Repeat: Is this a sudden, new problem, Shwan?

How long has IE7 been installed?

Any particular reason WinXP SP3 hasn't been installed yet?

Shwan wrote:
> Windows XP home edition SP2

<paste>

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>
> Repeat: Is this a sudden, new problem, Shwan?
>
> How long has IE7 been installed?
>
> Any particular reason WinXP SP3 hasn't been installed yet?

hello
thank you for your replay .
i just did install a fresh copy of windows from the backup CD's that came
with my laptop so its new copy also i reinstall ie7 alot of time nothing
changed .
the problems still exist
and this not the first time i use this backup it was working fine before

thank you