IE 8 too slow + a memory hog compared to ie7 and firefox 3.5.1

a loyal user for IE7 !

IE 8 too slow + a memory hog compared to ie7 and firefox 3.5.1
In my experience, IE8 is incredibly slow, as compared to IE7, AND a memory
hog too. Microsoft cannot push the blame onto third-party developers. It's
not as if IE8 was developed in a vacuum. Rather than take common third-party
software into account, their design simply ignored real-world use of the
product, and this is the ever-predictable result. I will say that at least it
doesn't crash as much, and does recover well. But it would be nice if they
could just make it work.

My experience: IE8 + Vista SP2 is not only slow, but a memory hog, resulting
in a very dissatisfying and frustrating user experience. Whereas Firefox 3.5
+ Vista SP2 is quite responsive, uses less than half the memory IE8 uses,
resulting in a very satisfying and pleasant user experience.

it takes too long for IE8 to start up and tooo much time to open a new empty
tab !!
mean while I'm stuck with IE7 which is an excellent browser !!
Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE 8 too slow + a memory hog compared to ie7 and firefox 3.5.1
Hello,

** Solution 1 **
Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

** Solution 2 **
In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
attacks' > OK

** Otherwise **
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service