Cookies problem

Teriel9

Cookies problem
I have added a website to my "Allowed" cookies list but when looking for a
property on that site I can open the 1st search page but when I click "Next"
I get a message that "Your computer does not accept cookies or you have been
on this page for 30 minutes" it then reverts to the original search page
Can anyone help please
Teriel9

Re: Cookies problem
Reboot.

Teriel9 wrote:
> I have added a website to my "Allowed" cookies list but when looking for a
> property on that site I can open the 1st search page but when I click
> "Next"
> I get a message that "Your computer does not accept cookies or you have
> been
> on this page for 30 minutes" it then reverts to the original search page
> Can anyone help please
> Teriel9

VanguardLH

Re: Cookies problem
Teriel9 wrote:

> I have added a website to my "Allowed" cookies list

Which would only be necessary if you had been blocking their cookie but
you didn't mention WHY you had been blocking their cookie.

> but when looking for a property on that site

Looking WHERE? For WHAT property? HOW were you searching for the
unidentified property at the unidentified web site?

> I can open the 1st search page

So the unindentified web site is some search engine service?

> but when I click "Next"

Which we can't see what you're talking about because you did not
provide a URL to the problematic web page.

> I get a message that "Your computer does not accept cookies or you
> have been on this page for 30 minutes" it then reverts to the
> original search page

Which could be the result of an ad-blocker as a web browser add-on or
somewhere upstream of the web browser, or they saved a timestamp into
their cookie when you first visited their web page and it's been over 30
minutes since you have been there (i.e., they don't permit users to
"park" on their web page but that would only be a problem if they
constantly update their web page and want to ensure you see all their
ads or they establish a persistent connection with your web browser), or
your system clock is way off from theirs, or the unidentified site is
getting rendered under the Restricted Sites security zone, or ...

> Can anyone help please

Pretty hard to troubleshoot unidentified web pages based on vague
descriptions. Remember that we aren't there looking over your shoulder
to see at what you are pointing.

IE version?
Whether or not you yet tried the no-add ons mode for IE?
Settings in IE for cookie management?
What, if any, sites are listed in Trusted and Restricted security zones?
Windows version?
What security software is installed (anti-virus/malware, firewall, etc)?
Does the hosts file have anything other than localhost defined?
Checked your system clock is at the correct time?
URL to web page?
Step-by-step procedure to reproduce the problem?