Print and pop up blocker problems with IE8

itisonlyjunk@hotmail.com

Print and pop up blocker problems with IE8
I've read a few posts but did not see one that addressed my specific
problems. Hopefully someone can help me out:
1) In previous versions of IE, I was able to use my cursor to select parts
of webpages that I wanted to print or copy to a Word document. Since
installing IE8 I can no longer do this. My cursor, while on the internet is a
hand, and I can only click or select links. Nothing happens when I try to
select a sentence or paragraph that I want to print. Two other computers at
my home have IE8 and do not have this problem.

2) What happened to the option on my 'Tools' to "temporarily allow pop ups?"
I have the option to Turn on "Pop Up blocker", but if it is not even on, why
the bloody hell can't I get the pop ups to pop up? I noticed an icon on the
toolbar that flashes when a pop up does not appear. that icon did not have
anything about allowing pop ups either. why do I have two separate 'pop up
blocker' options but still have no way to allow pop ups? this is ridiculous!
Don Varnau

Re: Print and pop up blocker problems with IE8
HI,
A browser add-on may be causing both problems.

1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

2. Check third-party browser add-ons (toolbars from Google, Yahoo,
Earthlink, etc.) to see if one of them is blocking pop-ups.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"itisonlyjunk[at]hotmail.com"
<itisonlyjunk[at]hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've read a few posts but did not see one that addressed my specific
> problems. Hopefully someone can help me out:
> 1) In previous versions of IE, I was able to use my cursor to select parts
> of webpages that I wanted to print or copy to a Word document. Since
> installing IE8 I can no longer do this. My cursor, while on the internet

is a
> hand, and I can only click or select links. Nothing happens when I try to
> select a sentence or paragraph that I want to print. Two other computers

at
> my home have IE8 and do not have this problem.
>
> 2) What happened to the option on my 'Tools' to "temporarily allow pop

ups?"
> I have the option to Turn on "Pop Up blocker", but if it is not even on,

why
> the bloody hell can't I get the pop ups to pop up? I noticed an icon on

the
> toolbar that flashes when a pop up does not appear. that icon did not have
> anything about allowing pop ups either. why do I have two separate 'pop up
> blocker' options but still have no way to allow pop ups? this is

ridiculous!

itisonlyjunk@hotmail.com

Re: Print and pop up blocker problems with IE8
Hi Don. Thanks for your suggestions. Sadly, neither resolved my issues. I
even went as far as uninstalling IE8. But now I have a new problem in IE7 -
every time I try to close it, I get an error message that says "Internet
Explorer has stopped working." Sometimes it reboots itself, other times I get
the option to close the window. Do you have any other suggestions for any of
my problems?

Thanks!