Trying to view flv files

species8350

Trying to view flv files
Hi,

I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.

I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.

I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).

On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.

1. getting file information

2. save/open.

The video does not start.

Can anyone advise

Thanks
VanguardLH

Re: Trying to view flv files
species8350 wrote:

> I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.

Get a media *player* that supports .flv files. RealPlayer will play
them. I'm sure there are others. Or you could convert them to a format
that your current media players support, like using FormatFactory to
convert from .flv to .wmv and play the .wmv files in Windows Media
Player.
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Trying to view flv files
Hello,

You cannot play FLV files directly with IE's flash player add-on. It has to
go through a SWF file that plays the FLV file if you want to play it through
Adobe Flash Player.

Instead, you can play the file using VLC Media Player. It is free
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.
>
> I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.
>
> I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
> well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).
>
> On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
> file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.
>
> 1. getting file information
>
> 2. save/open.
>
> The video does not start.
>
> Can anyone advise
>
> Thanks

species8350

Re: Trying to view flv files
On Jul 26, 8:30*pm, "Singapore Computer Service"
<singaporecomputerusene...@bootstrike.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You cannot play FLV files directly with IE's flash player add-on. It has to
> go through a SWF file that plays the FLV file if you want to play it through
> Adobe Flash Player.
>
> Instead, you can play the file using VLC Media Player. It is freehttp://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Servicehttp://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMvhttp://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/"species8350" <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote in message

> > Hi,

> > I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.

> > I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.

> > I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
> > well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).

> > On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
> > file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.

> > 1. getting file information

> > 2. save/open.

> > The video does not start.

> > Can anyone advise

> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the responses.

What is the purpose of installing Adobe's flash player?

Thanks
VanguardLH

Re: Trying to view flv files
Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hello,
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/

Be leery of advice from a SPAMMER who has a different agenda than the
pretense of giving help. This one does knows how to put his spam in a
signature but refuses to do so because some newsreaders strip off the
signature. He wants to ensure you see his spam.
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Trying to view flv files
Hello,

Purpose of installing Adobe Flash Player is to play SWF files in sites such
as youtube. It can play FLV files, but has to go through a SWF file that
plays such a file. Youtube uses a SWF file to pull in the FLV file through
adobe flash player.

Why it doesn't play FLV directly is something Adobe forums may be able to
answer
http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player

On Jul 26, 8:30 pm, "Singapore Computer Service"
<singaporecomputerusene...@bootstrike.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You cannot play FLV files directly with IE's flash player add-on. It has
> go through a SWF file that plays the FLV file if you want to play it
> through
> Adobe Flash Player.
>
> Instead, you can play the file using VLC Media Player. It is
> freehttp://www.videolan.org/vlc/
>
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair
> Servicehttp://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv
> MicroMvhttp://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/"species8350"
> <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote in message

> > Hi,

> > I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.

> > I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.

> > I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
> > well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).

> > On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
> > file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.

> > 1. getting file information

> > 2. save/open.

> > The video does not start.

> > Can anyone advise

> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the responses.

What is the purpose of installing Adobe's flash player?

Thanks

zither

Re: Trying to view flv files

Tipard 'Video Converter' (http://www.tipard.com/video-converter.html)
supports the mutual conversion between all video formats for you to
enjoy the on-line abundant video sources on your portable devices.
Input Formats: MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, TS,
MKV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI,
WMA, M4A, RA, RAM .
Output Formats: MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1,
MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, OGG, RA,
M4A, MP3, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG.
It also possesses strong editing functions of clipping video segments,
cropping the video play region, capturing your favorite pictures and
joining your selected contents into one file.
Free download the best 'Video Converter'
(http://www.tipard.com/download/video-converter.exe) and have a try!
[image: http://www.tipard.com/guide/tipard-v...er/import.jpg]
Key Features:
﹡Support the mutual conversion between all video formats.
﹡Set video effect of brightness, contrast and saturation.
﹡Set Deinterlacing
﹡Extract audio from video files.
﹡Trim your video length.
﹡Crop the play region
﹡Merge into one file

--
zither
species8350

Re: Trying to view flv files
On Jul 27, 10:02*am, zither <zith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tipard 'Video Converter' (http://www.tipard.com/video-converter.html)
> supports the mutual conversion between all video formats for you to
> enjoy the on-line abundant video sources on your portable devices.
> Input Formats: MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, TS,
> MKV, AVI, 3GP, FLV, MPV, MOD, TOD, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3, WAV, MID, MIDI,
> WMA, M4A, RA, RAM .
> Output Formats: MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1,
> MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, OGG, RA,
> M4A, MP3, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG.
> It also possesses strong editing functions of clipping video segments,
> cropping the video play region, capturing your favorite pictures and
> joining your selected contents into one file.
> Free download the best 'Video Converter'
> (http://www.tipard.com/download/video-converter.exe) and have a try!
> [image:http://www.tipard.com/guide/tipard-v...er/import.jpg]
> Key Features:
> ﹡Support the mutual conversion between all video formats.
> ﹡Set video effect of brightness, contrast and saturation.
> ﹡Set Deinterlacing
> ﹡Extract audio from video files.
> ﹡Trim your video length.
> ﹡Crop the play region
> ﹡Merge into one file
>
> --
> zither

Thanks all for the information.

Best wishes.

Donald Anadell

Re: Trying to view flv files

"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.
>
> I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.
>
> I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
> well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).
>
> On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
> file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.
>
> 1. getting file information
>
> 2. save/open.
>
> The video does not start.
>
> Can anyone advise

As others have already stated, you will need an .flv viewer to play locally
stored .flv files.

One such viewer that will play .flv files stored locally is Irfanview(free):
http://www.irfanview.com/

http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks

species8350

Re: Trying to view flv files
On Jul 28, 3:23*pm, "Donald Anadell" <danad...@nospamersmikrotec.com>
wrote:
> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote in message

> > Hi,

> > I have IE 8 running under Vista 32 bit.

> > I have some flv files that I would like to view in IE.

> > I downloaded Adobe's Flash Player and the installation appeared to go
> > well (the add-on appears to be Shockwave Flash Object).

> > On rebooting and either opening the file in IE, or clicking on the
> > file (associated with IE), I get two small windows.

> > 1. getting file information

> > 2. save/open.

> > The video does not start.

> > Can anyone advise

> As others have already stated, you will need an .flv viewer to play locally
> stored .flv files.
>
> One such viewer that will play .flv files stored locally is Irfanview(free):http://www.irfanview.com/
>
> http://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm
>
> Good luck,