NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE

HankL

NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE
I am using the following:
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP2
Internet Explorer v.8
Outlook 2003 for my e-mail

It seems that whenever I select a LINK or SHORTCUT ICON to a www. address, intermittenly I have to do it at least 3-5 times before I get a connection. This also occurs when I put an www. address in RUN or copy and paste it to the address bar in Internet Explorer. This also can occur when I attempt to open www.google.com

Even then, sometimes I cannot connect. When a tab is opened it just shows CONNECTING. However, it never connects. It just keeps on running.

I have never had this issue ever before. I was wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer v 8.

I want to thank you in advance for your support and helping me attempt to resolve this issue.

Hank L

Re: NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE
Is this sudden, new behavior that started immediately after installing IE8?

Is IE your default browser?

"HankL" wrote:
> I am using the following:
> Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP2
> Internet Explorer v.8
> Outlook 2003 for my e-mail
>
> It seems that whenever I select a LINK or SHORTCUT ICON to a www. address,
> intermittenly I have to do it at least 3-5 times before I get a
> connection.
> This also occurs when I put an www. address in RUN or copy and paste it to
> the address bar in Internet Explorer. This also can occur when I attempt
> open www.google.com
>
> Even then, sometimes I cannot connect. When a tab is opened it just shows
> CONNECTING. However, it never connects. It just keeps on running.
>
> I have never had this issue ever before. I was wondering if I should
> uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer v 8.
>
> I want to thank you in advance for your support and helping me attempt to
> resolve this issue.

Singapore Computer Service

Re: NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE
Hello,

** Solution 1 **
Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

** Solution 2 **
In addition to the above, you can try disabling IE8's memory protection and
see if it helps. Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > under
'Security', uncheck 'Enable memory protection to help mitigate online
attacks' > OK

** Otherwise **
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"HankL" <hlaskin@bendbroadband.com> wrote in message
[...]

Yes, this is my default browser.

I recently downloaded V8 and am not sure if it started with the earlier
viersion.

Thanks

HankL
> Is this sudden, new behavior that started immediately after installing
> IE8?
>
> Is IE your default browser?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> "HankL" wrote:
>> I am using the following:
>> Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP2
>> Internet Explorer v.8
>> Outlook 2003 for my e-mail
>>
>> It seems that whenever I select a LINK or SHORTCUT ICON to a www.
>> address,
>> intermittenly I have to do it at least 3-5 times before I get a
>> connection.
>> This also occurs when I put an www. address in RUN or copy and paste it
>> the address bar in Internet Explorer. This also can occur when I attempt
>> open www.google.com
>>
>> Even then, sometimes I cannot connect. When a tab is opened it just
>> shows
>> CONNECTING. However, it never connects. It just keeps on running.
>>
>> I have never had this issue ever before. I was wondering if I should
>> uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer v 8.
>>
>> I want to thank you in advance for your support and helping me attempt to
>> resolve this issue.

Re: NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
--
~PA Bear

HankL wrote:
> Yes, this is my default browser.
>
> I recently downloaded V8 and am not sure if it started with the earlier
> viersion.
>
> Thanks
>
> HankL
>> Is this sudden, new behavior that started immediately after installing
>> IE8?
>>
>> Is IE your default browser?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> "HankL" wrote:
>>> I am using the following:
>>> Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit SP2
>>> Internet Explorer v.8
>>> Outlook 2003 for my e-mail
>>>
>>> It seems that whenever I select a LINK or SHORTCUT ICON to a www.
>>> address,
>>> intermittenly I have to do it at least 3-5 times before I get a
>>> connection.
>>> This also occurs when I put an www. address in RUN or copy and paste it
>>> the address bar in Internet Explorer. This also can occur when I attempt
>>> open www.google.com
>>>
>>> Even then, sometimes I cannot connect. When a tab is opened it just
>>> shows
>>> CONNECTING. However, it never connects. It just keeps on running.
>>>
>>> I have never had this issue ever before. I was wondering if I should
>>> uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer v 8.
>>>
>>> I want to thank you in advance for your support and helping me attempt
>>> resolve this issue.

HankL

Re: NO INTERNET EXPLORER RESPONSE
YES, IT STILL PERSISTS WITH NO ADD-ONS

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> HankL wrote:
>> Yes, this is my default browser.
>>
>> I recently downloaded V8 and am not sure if it started with the earlier
>> viersion.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> HankL
>>> Is this sudden, new behavior that started immediately after installing
>>> IE8?
>>>
>>> Is IE your default browser?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)