IE8 non-operative

TRCSr

IE8 non-operative
It took about 10 tries before Microsoft could successfully download IE8 and
install it. Now, when I click on the desktop icon it just sits there, blue,
and does nothing for several minutes. Once it goes back to the default
color; I.e. stops trying to load, if I click properties it says that it was
just accessed, although nothing was done. What should I check first?

Thanks,

TRCSr

Re: IE8 non-operative
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

TRCSr wrote:
> It took about 10 tries before Microsoft could successfully download IE8
> and
> install it. Now, when I click on the desktop icon it just sits there,
> blue,
> and does nothing for several minutes. Once it goes back to the default
> color; I.e. stops trying to load, if I click properties it says that it
> was
> just accessed, although nothing was done. What should I check first?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TRCSr

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 non-operative
Hi,
First...
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Then...
Third-party antivirus/antispyware programs should be disabled when
installing Internet Explorer. If they weren't you may have a corrupted
installation of IE8. Reinstalling with these programs disabled may be the
solution.

IEBlog IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware
Programs [Bleeping Computer]:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"TRCSr" <trcmail@intrstar.net> wrote in message
> It took about 10 tries before Microsoft could successfully download IE8

and
> install it. Now, when I click on the desktop icon it just sits there,

blue,
> and does nothing for several minutes. Once it goes back to the default
> color; I.e. stops trying to load, if I click properties it says that it

was
> just accessed, although nothing was done. What should I check first?
>
> Thanks,
>
> TRCSr

TRCSr

Re: IE8 non-operative
If I right-click on the IE icon, the menu that opens does not have an option
of Start without addons. If I click on open it is the same as
double-clicking on the icon.