IE8 stops responding and pointer flickers

baldeagle13

IE8 stops responding and pointer flickers
Vista Home Premium and IE8. IE8 stops responding with several items trying
to download to complete the page. The mouse pointer moves but flickers and
has no effect. I have to go to Task Manager to end task, and Vista cks for
problems then lets me restart the page, and it usually works for a while then
repeats the process. I was ordering from Amazon.com when it occurred several
times, so it may be some non compliant pages. How can I tell?
Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE8 stops responding and pointer flickers
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service