Unpredictable cursor movement in favorites box

justaned

Unpredictable cursor movement in favorites box
Since going to IE8 I'm experiencing unpredictable cursor movement in the
intial drop down box when I click favorites. Most of the time the cursor
movement within the favorites box is merely jumpy movement. However at other
times the cursor moves within the box by itself. With this problem it is
nearly impossible to quickly open a favorites folder. I found one thread
that talked about the setting an tools option in the options, advance,
browsing, close unused favorite folders. But my problem remains if the box is
checked or not.
Let me add that once I click a favorites folder and it opens the cursor
movement within that folder is fine.

Any ideas? I'm about ready to go back to IE7
--
ed
Warren

Re: Unpredictable cursor movement in favorites box
This must be an IE8 bug as it affects me as well.

Don Varnau

Re: Unpredictable cursor movement in favorites box
Hi,
Some guesses...
1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

2. Control Panel> Mouse, look through options for an option/feature which
might be going wrong with IE8- maybe something like "Automatically move
pointer to the default button in a dialog box." Some mouse software has many
options- think outside the box. ;-)

3. Visit the mouse manufacturer's website- search for updated drivers.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"justaned" <justaned@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since going to IE8 I'm experiencing unpredictable cursor movement in the
> intial drop down box when I click favorites. Most of the time the cursor
> movement within the favorites box is merely jumpy movement. However at

other
> times the cursor moves within the box by itself. With this problem it is
> nearly impossible to quickly open a favorites folder. I found one thread
> that talked about the setting an tools option in the options, advance,
> browsing, close unused favorite folders. But my problem remains if the box

is
> checked or not.
> Let me add that once I click a favorites folder and it opens the cursor
> movement within that folder is fine.
>
> Any ideas? I'm about ready to go back to IE7
> -
> ed

justaned

Re: Unpredictable cursor movement in favorites box
Don
The problem became such a pain I uninstalled IE8. My system is working fine
with IE7. The only place I had a cursor problem was in the initial
favorites drop down window. Most of the time I could control the cursor, it
would just move real jerky especially over folders that had a number of
links. But every so often when I started IE8 and went to the favorites my
cursor just moved all through the drop down window by itself. I would have
to shut down IE8 and bring it back up to get my cursor to stop jumping
around.
I'm on XP Service Rel 3
--
ed