IE8 not stable

Terry D

IE8 not stable
I'm using IE8 with Windows Vista Home Premium. My homepage is Google, which
loads, although is not stable - the spinning circle doesn't stop and I get a
constant clicking from the speakers at about 3-4 clicks per sec. I have a
tab for Yahoo but all I get is a blank screen and Yahoo will not load. I
have a similar problem with all websites. I've tried various methods of
cleaning the system and even tried system restore without success. Windows
Mail is OK. Help please!

Terry D.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 not stable
You didn't explain what "various methods of cleaning the system" means
and, in any case, system restore is not the way to fix problems with
Internet Explorer.

Between your "various methods" and the harm caused by system restore,
you may have left yourself with no other option than to reinstall your
operating system. Nonetheless, here is something you can try before
reaching for your Windows install CD:

"How to reset Internet Explorer settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Terry D wrote:
> I'm using IE8 with Windows Vista Home Premium. My homepage is Google,
> which loads, although is not stable - the spinning circle doesn't stop
> and I get a constant clicking from the speakers at about 3-4 clicks per
> sec. I have a tab for Yahoo but all I get is a blank screen and Yahoo
> will not load. I have a similar problem with all websites. I've tried
> various methods of cleaning the system and even tried system restore
> without success. Windows Mail is OK. Help please!
>
> Terry D.

Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE8 not stable
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled. First ensure that all instances of
IEXPLORE.EXE are ended in Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your
keyboard, processes tab, end process all IEXPLORE.EXE).

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
it works now.

If it is works now, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the menu bar
does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons. Here,
disable all the add-ons you don't need under 'Currently Loaded'

Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

end quote

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"Terry D" <terry.dutson@nospam.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> I'm using IE8 with Windows Vista Home Premium. My homepage is Google,
> which loads, although is not stable - the spinning circle doesn't stop and
> I get a constant clicking from the speakers at about 3-4 clicks per sec. I
> have a tab for Yahoo but all I get is a blank screen and Yahoo will not
> load. I have a similar problem with all websites. I've tried various
> methods of cleaning the system and even tried system restore without
> success. Windows Mail is OK. Help please!
>
> Terry D.

Terry D

Re: IE8 not stable
Thanks for all the advice but the problem has now disappeared spontaneously
and I'm back to normal. Microsoft moves in mysterious ways!

Terry D.