Re: Playing streaming video

[Crosspost to IE General]

> I do not think it is OS related or IE version.

I didn't say it was. [BTW, you're running IE8, not IE7, in Win7 RC.]
Moving on, we're going to deal with the WinXP SP3 machine for now.

Is this sudden, new behavior or an ongoing problem?

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
IE7 & IE8-specific newsgroup:

fred wrote:
> Wndows XP SP3 IE 7
> the same does happen in Vista Ultimate SP1 IE 7
> and the same does happen in Windows 7 RC IE 7(?)
> I do not think it is OS related or IE version.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.
>>
>> fred wrote:
>>> I have noticed that it is impossible to re-play the streaming
>>> video when the Internet connection is lost.
>>> Why it is so?
>>> After playing for the first time it is possible to see "buffering" at
>>> the
>>> start of the play and sometimes during the play when the connection is
>>> slow,
>>> which is quite normal.
>>> Why, when replaying the same there is still "buffering" visible at the
>>> start
>>> but it never is being shown again during the replay?

SPAMCOP User

Re: Playing streaming video
The words: "Clutching at straws" Mr No Qualifications, PA Bear spring to
mind in your reply. What would you do without your Google searching?

Admit you have no idea & leave the OP alone to get someone who knows to fix
the problem. Unfortunately it doesn't show me the original message for me to
be able to help

--
SPAMCOP User

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
>> I do not think it is OS related or IE version.

> I didn't say it was. [BTW, you're running IE8, not IE7, in Win7 RC.]
> Moving on, we're going to deal with the WinXP SP3 machine for now.
>
> Is this sudden, new behavior or an ongoing problem?
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
> IE7 & IE8-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> fred wrote:
>> Wndows XP SP3 IE 7
>> the same does happen in Vista Ultimate SP1 IE 7
>> and the same does happen in Windows 7 RC IE 7(?)
>> I do not think it is OS related or IE version.
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>>> Vista x64 SP2) when posting to this newsgroup.

fred

Re: Playing streaming video
Here is the original post, ifyou can see it now.
===============================
Hello,
I have noticed that it is impossible to re-play the streaming
video when the Internet connection is lost.
Why it is so?
After playing for the first time it is possible to see "buffering" at the
start of the play and sometimes during the play when the connection is slow,
which is quite normal.
Why, when replaying the same there is still "buffering" visible at the start
but it never is being shown again during the replay?
Thanks,
Fred