IE8 and certificates

BGCSOCAL

IE8 and certificates
I just installed Oracle DB on two Windows 2003 R2 servers that have IE8
installed. Oracle creates an Enterprise Manager (EM) accessed via browser
that has a https:// format to the URL. When I open the EM on DB1, it just
opens as expected. On DB2, it has a certificate error and tells me that this
could be a bad web site and I have to override it and tell it to go on to the
site. I've added the site to the trusted sites for the local intranet. I set
the local intranet security to Low. It still behaves like this. What else
should I try? It is not stopping me from doing what I want but it is really
annoying.
--
Bettie

Re: IE8 and certificates
Is the most recent Root Certificates update installed?

BGCSOCAL wrote:
> I just installed Oracle DB on two Windows 2003 R2 servers that have IE8
> installed. Oracle creates an Enterprise Manager (EM) accessed via browser
> that has a https:// format to the URL. When I open the EM on DB1, it just
> opens as expected. On DB2, it has a certificate error and tells me that
> this
> could be a bad web site and I have to override it and tell it to go on to
> the site. I've added the site to the trusted sites for the local
> intranet.
> I set the local intranet security to Low. It still behaves like this. What
> else should I try? It is not stopping me from doing what I want but it is
> really annoying.

Anteaus

Re: IE8 and certificates
Seems that IE is now doing what Firefox has been doing since v3 came out -
refusing self-signed certificates, or making it very hard to get the browser
to accept them .

The logic behind this seems to be to give greater protection against
phishing, but what they don't seem to have reailsed is that it shoots itself
squarely in the foot where intranets are concerned. The result is that
intranets have to accept warning messages or else switch to INsecure methods
of working.

BGCSOCAL wrote:
> > I just installed Oracle DB on two Windows 2003 R2 servers that have IE8
> > installed. Oracle creates an Enterprise Manager (EM) accessed via browser
> > that has a https:// format to the URL. When I open the EM on DB1, it just
> > opens as expected. On DB2, it has a certificate error and tells me that
> > this
> > could be a bad web site and I have to override it and tell it to go on to
> > the site. I've added the site to the trusted sites for the local
> > intranet.
> > I set the local intranet security to Low. It still behaves like this. What
> > else should I try? It is not stopping me from doing what I want but it is
> > really annoying.

BGCSOCAL

Re: IE8 and certificates
We don't have any certificates for servers inside the firewall. Is there no
way to make it stop?
--
Bettie