Some lines are blacked out

foxmore

Some lines are blacked out
I have WinXp SP3 and IE8 installed. Everything works fine. However,
recently, I noticed that several areas in the toolbars are blacked out. For
example, the FILE, EDIT, VIEW, HELP, etc. options are present, but I cannot
see them because the whole line they are on is blacked out. The same with a
FAVORITES button.
What's going on? How to remove this black out? In my display settings
everything is as before...
Any suggestion on how to correct this problem and remove blackout is
appreciated.

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Some lines are blacked out
Hello,

***Solution 1:***
Does disabling the ATI Hotkey Poller Service fixe this problem?
See:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2e36f1207330b4

***Solution 2:***
quote:
I have had the same, and apparent random problem, with black background
toolbars on one of several pc's that are apparently configured the same
except: the problem pc had 32 bit color, a personal picture displayed on
the
desktop with required a modified theme.

I reset colors to 16 bit, theme to classic (which removed the personal
picture displayed on my desktop.)

I reset the desktop to show the personal picture, left the color density at
16 bit and theme at classic.

from
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe63aa06c04db

***Otherwise***
Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
'for consumers')
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx

quote:
Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
include problems that are associated with software and hardware development,
network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
systems.

end quote

If you find the solution, post back so that it can help others who have the
same problem.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"foxmore" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have WinXp SP3 and IE8 installed. Everything works fine. However,
>recently, I noticed that several areas in the toolbars are blacked out. For
>example, the FILE, EDIT, VIEW, HELP, etc. options are present, but I cannot
>see them because the whole line they are on is blacked out. The same with a
>FAVORITES button.
> What's going on? How to remove this black out? In my display settings
> everything is as before...
> Any suggestion on how to correct this problem and remove blackout is
> appreciated.
>
> --
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

foxmore

Re: Some lines are blacked out
Thanks for your suggestions. I do not know what caused my problem and what
corrected it, but after I rebooted my comp this morning, everything was back
to normal...
Thanks again.

foxmore

"Singapore Computer Service" <singaporecomputerusenet_1@bootstrike.com>
wrote in message news:%23cphj1FDKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> ***Solution 1:***
> Does disabling the ATI Hotkey Poller Service fixe this problem?
> See:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...2e36f1207330b4
>
> ***Solution 2:***
> quote:
> I have had the same, and apparent random problem, with black background
> toolbars on one of several pc's that are apparently configured the same
> except: the problem pc had 32 bit color, a personal picture displayed on
> the
> desktop with required a modified theme.
>
> I reset colors to 16 bit, theme to classic (which removed the personal
> picture displayed on my desktop.)
>
> I reset the desktop to show the personal picture, left the color density
> at
> 16 bit and theme at classic.
>
> from
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bfe63aa06c04db
>
> ***Otherwise***
> Otherwise you can use the free Microsoft Phone Support for IE8 (see under
> 'for consumers')
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...t/call-us.aspx
>
> quote:
> Free phone support for Internet Explorer 8 is limited to installation,
> set-up and usage only. Advanced issues are not supported. Advanced issues
> include problems that are associated with software and hardware
> development,
> network connectivity, server-based technologies, and business-critical
> systems.
>
> end quote
>
> If you find the solution, post back so that it can help others who have
> the
> same problem.
>

> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> "foxmore" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have WinXp SP3 and IE8 installed. Everything works fine. However,
>>recently, I noticed that several areas in the toolbars are blacked out.
>>For example, the FILE, EDIT, VIEW, HELP, etc. options are present, but I
>>cannot see them because the whole line they are on is blacked out. The
>>same with a FAVORITES button.
>> What's going on? How to remove this black out? In my display settings
>> everything is as before...
>> Any suggestion on how to correct this problem and remove blackout is
>> appreciated.
>>
>> --
>> Ilya Zeldes
>> Fort Myers, Florida

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Some lines are blacked out
Hello,

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back.