Many blank tabs open when on CNN.com

Sam

Many blank tabs open when on CNN.com
This problem has just started. And it has only happened when I go to
CNN.com and click on a news story and it is a video. Then tab after
tab after tab starts opening up. Closing IE doesnt work, I have to re-
boot.

I am using XP SP2 and IE7

I ran Mcafee yesterday and it showed no viruses or problems. I have
only 4 add-ons running. Flash, adobe, XML DOM and Java.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
VanguardLH

Re: Many blank tabs open when on CNN.com
Sam wrote:

> This problem has just started. And it has only happened when I go to
> CNN.com and click on a news story and it is a video. Then tab after
> tab after tab starts opening up. Closing IE doesnt work, I have to re-
> boot.
>
> I am using XP SP2 and IE7
>
> I ran Mcafee yesterday and it showed no viruses or problems. I have
> only 4 add-ons running. Flash, adobe, XML DOM and Java.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

You didn't mention any URLs or specific navigation for anyone to
reproduce what you did.

I went to http://www.cnn.com/video/?iref=videoglobal and click on the
Taco Bell Dog Dies article. Played okay and no new tabs were opened.

Have you tried disabling all non-Microsoft add-ons except for Adobe
Shockwave Flash ActiveX control (since this site uses it for the videos)
to see if the problem goes away?
Sam

On Jul 23, 2:06*am, VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:
> Sam wrote:
> > * This problem has just started. And it has only happened when I go to
> >CNN.com and click on a news story and it is a video. Then tab after
> > tab after tab starts opening up. Closing IE doesnt work, I have to re-
> > boot.

> > I am using XP SP2 and IE7

> > I ran Mcafee yesterday and it showed no viruses or problems. I have
> > only 4 add-ons running. Flash, adobe, XML DOM and Java.

> > Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

> You didn't mention any URLs or specific navigation for anyone to
> reproduce what you did.
>
> I went tohttp://www.cnn.com/video/?iref=videoglobaland click on the
> Taco Bell Dog Dies article. *Played okay and no new tabs were opened.
>
> Have you tried disabling all non-Microsoft add-ons except for Adobe
> Shockwave Flash ActiveX control (since this site uses it for the videos)
> to see if the problem goes away?

I only have those four add-ons running. This doesnt happen all the
time. And it only happens with a CNN video news story when it does
happen. I dont know what the XML DOM add on is for.

I have seen this problem in the past but not for a long time. Have you
ever seen or heard of the problem where tabs (windows) just start
opening up and wont stop. They were opening up as "About Blank". I
have CNN as my home page.

I checked again for viruses etc, using malwarebytes, webroot and
mcafee and nothing was found.

Thanks.