save and exit tabs in IE8?

$-dRaG09

save and exit tabs in IE8?
I use IE for many years but up until the tab browsing and IE8 came out making
me use other browsers alternatively. Missing out the features of webslices,
suggested sites etc... and would rather stick with firefox as there are
addons and themes also!
Main reasons? For Example:
When you hit exit on firefox theres an option to automatically save and exit
all tabs and will automatically all open again.
Or if i have many tabs open in firefox and click the X top right, then there
would be a popup asking you to save and exit or to discard all tabs.
Whilst in Internet Explorer 7 there was this great option to automatically
save all tabs. Where is this option gone in IE8?

I believe in IE8 when you want to repen tabs
option 1) you will need to click on close all tabs,
reopen IE8 and then click on new tabs and automatically load last browsing
session in which this feature seems hidden and you will need to click on so
many buttons to get there, for example if you just open IE8 and want to
quickly go on microsofts website and then want to refer to previous closed
tbas then it will be erased and you will not be able to refer back to it.
option 2) save all tabs you want to reopen in a new favourites bar folder to
reopen on next session which is time consuming and alot of clicks.

For IE8 it would be great if there is an option to recover this or to change
it so it popsup and there is an option save tabs when closing.

If IE8 will improve with extra features and get the save tabs bar tool to
work which helps alot when IE9 comes out then it may be considered to IE
being the best browser.

$-dRaG09

Re: save and exit tabs in IE8?
The feature to which you refer has been discontinued in IE8. One workaround
would be to save the current Tab Group as a Favorite.

$-dRaG09 wrote:
> I use IE for many years but up until the tab browsing and IE8 came out
> making me use other browsers alternatively. Missing out the features of
> webslices, suggested sites etc... and would rather stick with firefox as
> there are addons and themes also!
> Main reasons? For Example:
> When you hit exit on firefox theres an option to automatically save and
> exit
> all tabs and will automatically all open again.
> Or if i have many tabs open in firefox and click the X top right, then
> there
> would be a popup asking you to save and exit or to discard all tabs.
> Whilst in Internet Explorer 7 there was this great option to automatically
> save all tabs. Where is this option gone in IE8?
>
> I believe in IE8 when you want to repen tabs
> option 1) you will need to click on close all tabs,
> reopen IE8 and then click on new tabs and automatically load last browsing
> session in which this feature seems hidden and you will need to click on
> so
> many buttons to get there, for example if you just open IE8 and want to
> quickly go on microsofts website and then want to refer to previous closed
> tbas then it will be erased and you will not be able to refer back to it.
> option 2) save all tabs you want to reopen in a new favourites bar folder
> reopen on next session which is time consuming and alot of clicks.
>
> For IE8 it would be great if there is an option to recover this or to
> change
> it so it popsup and there is an option save tabs when closing.
>
> If IE8 will improve with extra features and get the save tabs bar tool to
> work which helps alot when IE9 comes out then it may be considered to IE
> being the best browser.
>
> $-dRaG09

Zor_MCP

Re: save and exit tabs in IE8?
1. Is this the ONLY way to get IE8/IE9 feedback to Microsoft??
2. If IE8 can "reopen last browsing session" from the Tools dropdown menu,
then there should be an option somewhere to do so upon launching the
application. Please communicate this to the IE9 development team. Thank you.