Cannot watch tv episodes w/ie

granjan

Cannot watch tv episodes w/ie
I have been trying to watch a missed episode of a tv show but
cannot. I have IE8 now but even with IE7 I could not. I can watch
it with Firefox though. I am assuming that it is a setting
somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out what it
would be. I have WindowsXP SP3 fully updated. Any ideas?
Thanks
Janice

Luuk

Re: Cannot watch tv episodes w/ie
granjan schreef:
> I have been trying to watch a missed episode of a tv show but
> cannot. I have IE8 now but even with IE7 I could not. I can watch
> it with Firefox though. I am assuming that it is a setting
> somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out what it
> would be. I have WindowsXP SP3 fully updated. Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Janice

Why dont you link the URL of this tv show?
So, we can have a look at it, to know if its worth looking at ;-)

--
Luuk
Donald Anadell

"granjan" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message

>I have been trying to watch a missed episode of a tv show but
> cannot.

And what happens when you do try to view the TV show?

> I have IE8 now but even with IE7 I could not.

You would have been better served getting this resolved while you still had
IE7 installed, upgrading to try and resolve an issue is seldom a good idea.

> I can watch
> it with Firefox though.

Apples and Oranges! Firefox uses plugins whereas IE uses ActiveX Controls.

> I am assuming that it is a setting
> somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out what it
> would be.

Do you have ActiveX and Plugins enabled in the Internet Zone?

> I have WindowsXP SP3 fully updated.

Assuming that this TV program is a Flash Video, do you have the Flash Player
installed and is it working on other sites that contain Flash content?

> Any ideas?

Some more details about your issue would be helpful. Such as:

What happens when you try to view the TV show with IE8(Error messages,
Prompts, Alert boxes)?
What is the Media Type for the TV show, Flash video, Windows Video,
Quicktime movie...etc?

If you don't know any of the information above, then post a link to the TV
Show in question so that other can try to reproduce your problem.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks
> Janice

granjan

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
:
: "granjan" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
: news:%23M6RNmvCKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
:
: >I have been trying to watch a missed episode of a tv show but
: > cannot.
:
: And what happens when you do try to view the TV show?

It appears to be loading, the viewer appears but the controls are
all grayed out. On the status bar at bottom of page there is the
yellow triangle with exclamation and it says 'error on page'.
:
: > I have IE8 now but even with IE7 I could not.
:
: You would have been better served getting this resolved while you
still had
: IE7 installed, upgrading to try and resolve an issue is seldom a
good idea.

I didn't upgrade on purpose...it was done with automatic update.
I had been putting it off for a long time, but I missed it in the
list.
:
: > I can watch
: > it with Firefox though.
:
: Apples and Oranges! Firefox uses plugins whereas IE uses ActiveX
Controls.
:
: > I am assuming that it is a setting
: > somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out what it
: > would be.
:
: Do you have ActiveX and Plugins enabled in the Internet Zone?
Yes

: > I have WindowsXP SP3 fully updated.
:
: Assuming that this TV program is a Flash Video, do you have the
Flash Player
: installed and is it working on other sites that contain Flash
content?
I'm not sure what kind of player it used but yes I have the Flash
player installed and it works on other sites.
:
: > Any ideas?
:
: Some more details about your issue would be helpful. Such as:
:
: What happens when you try to view the TV show with IE8(Error
messages,
: Prompts, Alert boxes)?
: What is the Media Type for the TV show, Flash video, Windows
Video,
: Quicktime movie...etc?
:
: If you don't know any of the information above, then post a link
to the TV
: Show in question so that other can try to reproduce your problem.

Here is the link:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...ull%20Episodes
I was trying to watch Season 3, episode 7.
:
: Good luck,
:
: Donald Anadell
:
:
:
: > Thanks
: > Janice
: >
: >
:
:

Donald Anadell

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
> :
> : "granjan" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> : news:%23M6RNmvCKHA.4168@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> :
> : >I have been trying to watch a missed episode of a tv show but
> : > cannot.
> :
> : And what happens when you do try to view the TV show?
>
> It appears to be loading, the viewer appears but the controls are
> all grayed out. On the status bar at bottom of page there is the
> yellow triangle with exclamation and it says 'error on page'.
> :
> : > I have IE8 now but even with IE7 I could not.
> :
> : You would have been better served getting this resolved while you
> still had
> : IE7 installed, upgrading to try and resolve an issue is seldom a
> good idea.
>
> I didn't upgrade on purpose...it was done with automatic update.
> I had been putting it off for a long time, but I missed it in the
> list.
> :
> : > I can watch
> : > it with Firefox though.
> :
> : Apples and Oranges! Firefox uses plugins whereas IE uses ActiveX
> Controls.
> :
> : > I am assuming that it is a setting
> : > somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out what it
> : > would be.
> :
> : Do you have ActiveX and Plugins enabled in the Internet Zone?
> Yes
>
> : > I have WindowsXP SP3 fully updated.
> :
> : Assuming that this TV program is a Flash Video, do you have the
> Flash Player
> : installed and is it working on other sites that contain Flash
> content?
> I'm not sure what kind of player it used but yes I have the Flash
> player installed and it works on other sites.
> :
> : > Any ideas?
> :
> : Some more details about your issue would be helpful. Such as:
> :
> : What happens when you try to view the TV show with IE8(Error
> messages,
> : Prompts, Alert boxes)?
> : What is the Media Type for the TV show, Flash video, Windows
> Video,
> : Quicktime movie...etc?
> :
> : If you don't know any of the information above, then post a link
> to the TV
> : Show in question so that other can try to reproduce your problem.
>
> Here is the link:
> http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/show...ull%20Episodes
> I was trying to watch Season 3, episode 7.

The site requires that the Adobe Flash Player be installed and working
properly in order to view the video file in your link.

Here are three possible solutions for resolving your problem, work them in
order 1 thru 3.

Note: If you are uncomfortable performing any of the Steps in Solution 1 or
Solution 2, then move directly to Solution 3.

Solution 1

Manual Uninstall||Reinstall of Flash Player

Download the following two files and save them to your Desktop

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/f...ash_player.exe
http://www.macromedia.com/go/full_flashplayer_win_ie

Now disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable any Real-Time
Secruity Application(s) running in the background on your machine.
Now run the Uninstaller file from the Desktop to completely remove the Flash
Player from your System.
Now run the Installer file from the Desktop to reinstall the latest version
of the Flash Player.

Test the results, if no joy move on to possible Solution 2.

Solution 2

Registry Permission problems

It's possible that you have a Registry Permissions problem that is
preventing the Flash Player from installing properly. Follow the directions
at the following Adobe site for resetting your Registry Permissions:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

After completing steps 1 thru 8 for fixing your registry permissions, the go
back to and follow the steps in Solution 1.

Test your results, if no joy the move to possible Solution 3.

Solution 3

Adobe offers free email support(via a Web Case) for Flash Player
installation problems, you might turn there next:

1. Go to the Adobe Support Portal:
http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal/

2. When you get to the Support Portal page, click on the Button that says:
"Create an Account"

3. Once you've created an account with Adobe and you're logged in to that
Account, at the bottom of the page use the selector to select:
"Installation Help"

4. In the 'Choose product' category put a tick in the radial next to:
"Additional products"

5. From the selection menu select:
"Adobe Flash Player"

6. Now click the button that says "Continue"

You will taken to a page entitled:
"Create a support case"

7. Here you can type your support request and send it to Adobe

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> :
> : Good luck,
> :
> : Donald Anadell
> :
> :
> :
> : > Thanks
> : > Janice
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

granjan

Re: Cannot watch tv episodes w/ie
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will do what I can and
let you know how it comes out.
Janice

:
: "granjan" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
: news:Ohz5A9xCKHA.1340@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
: >
: > "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in
message
: > news:%23rel2fwCKHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
: > :
[...]
: > good idea.
: >
: > I didn't upgrade on purpose...it was done with automatic
update.
: > I had been putting it off for a long time, but I missed it in
the
: > list.
: > :
: > : > I can watch
: > : > it with Firefox though.
: > :
: > : Apples and Oranges! Firefox uses plugins whereas IE uses
ActiveX
: > Controls.
: > :
: > : > I am assuming that it is a setting
: > : > somewhere that makes a difference but I can't figure out
what it
: > : > would be.
: > :
: > : Do you have ActiveX and Plugins enabled in the Internet Zone?
: > Yes
: >
[...]
: > : >
: > : >