Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous one

yeeen

Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous one
The folder used for bookmark should be kept the same for the nxt bookmarking,
so to reduce the hassle of hvg to search for the folder again to keep the
bookmark.

As i hv the habit of keeping bookmarks (now quite a lot of bookmarks) and
organizing them into folders for different topic/subtopic, IE 8 has made it
more difficult for me to do this. The convenience of IE 7 was tt the folder
shown to me as default was the same folder i used to keep my previous
bookmark, but IE 8 makes it difficult by everytime showing me the default as
the root folder.

This is similar to the idea of storing downloaded files. If u were required
to download a few sets notes (w a few each belonging to different modules)
into a same place and u hv chosen the place to be a folder tt is embedded
quite deeply (cos of the organisation/hierarchy), but everytime the download
chose the default place for u as the desktop (n u hv no way of changing the
setting), won't u be frustrated?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Gordon

Re: Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous one

"yeeen" <yeeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4A02F32-4458-4909-94ED-BA6246375B88@microsoft.com...
> The folder used for bookmark should be kept the same for the nxt
> bookmarking,
> so to reduce the hassle of hvg to search for the folder again to keep the
> bookmark.
>
> As i hv the habit of keeping bookmarks (now quite a lot of bookmarks) and
> organizing them into folders for different topic/subtopic, IE 8 has made
> it
> more difficult for me to do this. The convenience of IE 7 was tt the
> folder
> shown to me as default was the same folder i used to keep my previous
> bookmark, but IE 8 makes it difficult by everytime showing me the default
> as
> the root folder.
>
> This is similar to the idea of storing downloaded files. If u were
> required
> to download a few sets notes (w a few each belonging to different modules)
> into a same place and u hv chosen the place to be a folder tt is embedded
> quite deeply (cos of the organisation/hierarchy), but everytime the
> download
> chose the default place for u as the desktop (n u hv no way of changing
> the
> setting), won't u be frustrated?

If you use the sidebar for Favorites then it reverts to the last opened
folder each time.

yeeen

Re: Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous
Not true. Tt's what i used everything, it shows me the folder "Favorities".

"Gordon" wrote:

> If you use the sidebar for Favorites then it reverts to the last opened
> folder each time.

yeeen

Re: Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous
This forum is werid...
I vote as "I Disagree", but it was shown as "0 out of 1 people found this
post helpful."...

> Not true. Tt's what i used everything, it shows me the folder
> "Favorities".
>
> "Gordon" wrote:
>>
>> If you use the sidebar for Favorites then it reverts to the last opened
>> folder each time.

Yes it is true - works here......

EyeHawk

Re: Current shown folder for bookmark to stay the same as previous
Because IE8 (which I have at the office) is not keeping the folder used for
bookmark for the next bookmarking, I'm not installing IE8 at home. THe
missing functionality from IE7 is so annoying...
Hope they fix it.

P.D. I voted as "I agree" since I want your suggestion implemented, isn't it
correct ?