Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders

Karl

Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.
Don Varnau

Re: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
Hi,
1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

2. Windows XP or Vista?
Start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. If the problem goes away, a
program which didn't load in Safe Mode is causing it. If Safe Mode resolves
the issue, you might start by checking the mouse manufacturer's website for
updated drivers. If updating mouse drivers doesn't help, disable other
third-party programs until you find the culprit.

Start Vista in Safe Mode
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx
or
http://snipr.com/vistasafe

315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Karl" <karlp@embarqmail.com> wrote in message
> With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
> moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
> did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.

hfi25

Re: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
I have the same problem(tried your first suggestion, didn't help) It started
immediatly AFTER I upgraded to IE 8 and still does, very annoying.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>
> 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>
> 2. Windows XP or Vista?
> Start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. If the problem goes away, a
> program which didn't load in Safe Mode is causing it. If Safe Mode resolves
> the issue, you might start by checking the mouse manufacturer's website for
> updated drivers. If updating mouse drivers doesn't help, disable other
> third-party programs until you find the culprit.
>
> Start Vista in Safe Mode
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx
> or
> http://snipr.com/vistasafe
>
> 315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=315222
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Karl" <karlp@embarqmail.com> wrote in message
> > With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
> > moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
> > did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.

hfi25

Re: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
And by the way the only place this happens is on the "favorites" list. If I
go to the history list the mouse pointer works fine(as well as any where
else).THANKS FOR THE UPGRADE MICROSOFT it's a piece of s__t.

"hfi25" wrote:

> I have the same problem(tried your first suggestion, didn't help) It started
> immediatly AFTER I upgraded to IE 8 and still does, very annoying.
>
> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > or
> > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
> >
> > For troubleshooting information see:
> > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >
> > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> >
> > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> >
> > 2. Windows XP or Vista?
> > Start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. If the problem goes away, a
> > program which didn't load in Safe Mode is causing it. If Safe Mode resolves
> > the issue, you might start by checking the mouse manufacturer's website for
> > updated drivers. If updating mouse drivers doesn't help, disable other
> > third-party programs until you find the culprit.
> >
> > Start Vista in Safe Mode
> > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx
> > or
> > http://snipr.com/vistasafe
> >
> > 315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=315222
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]
> >
> > "Karl" <karlp@embarqmail.com> wrote in message
> > > With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
> > > moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
> > > did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.

ajkarl

RE: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
I am having the same problem on a machine running XP. The problem only
occurs over the folders in my favorites and not over the bookmarks that
aren't in folders. I don't see this problem in any other programs.

"Karl" wrote:

> With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
> moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
> did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.

hfi25

Re: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
showed my son (who is an IT tech for a major company)this problem and he said
that it is an Internet Explorer 8/Microsoft issue since it only occurs on the
favorites menu and in addition the sub folders under the favorites menu are
not affected as well as any where else. So MICROSOFT HOW ABOUT A PATCH TO FIX
YOUR PROBLEM??

"hfi25" wrote:

> And by the way the only place this happens is on the "favorites" list. If I
> go to the history list the mouse pointer works fine(as well as any where
> else).THANKS FOR THE UPGRADE MICROSOFT it's a piece of s__t.
>
> "hfi25" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem(tried your first suggestion, didn't help) It started
> > immediatly AFTER I upgraded to IE 8 and still does, very annoying.
> >
> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
> > > Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> > > or
> > > Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
> > > If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
> > >
> > > For troubleshooting information see:
> > > IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> > > http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> > >
> > > 928426- Internet Explorer 7 may exit immediately when it includes an add-on
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426
> > >
> > > Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> > >
> > > 2. Windows XP or Vista?
> > > Start the computer in Safe Mode with Networking. If the problem goes away, a
> > > program which didn't load in Safe Mode is causing it. If Safe Mode resolves
> > > the issue, you might start by checking the mouse manufacturer's website for
> > > updated drivers. If updating mouse drivers doesn't help, disable other
> > > third-party programs until you find the culprit.
> > >
> > > Start Vista in Safe Mode
> > > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904a11033.mspx
> > > or
> > > http://snipr.com/vistasafe
> > >
> > > 315222 - A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP:
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=315222
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Don
> > > [MS MVP- IE]

hfi25

Re: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
Downloaded the latest driver for my mouse and there is no change. I also have
Mozilla Firefox and it is not affected. So it would be nice if Microsoft
would fix THEIR PROBLEM.

"hfi25" wrote:

> showed my son (who is an IT tech for a major company)this problem and he said
> that it is an Internet Explorer 8/Microsoft issue since it only occurs on the
> favorites menu and in addition the sub folders under the favorites menu are
> not affected as well as any where else. So MICROSOFT HOW ABOUT A PATCH TO FIX
> YOUR PROBLEM??
>
> "hfi25" wrote:
>
> > And by the way the only place this happens is on the "favorites" list. If I
> > go to the history list the mouse pointer works fine(as well as any where
> > else).THANKS FOR THE UPGRADE MICROSOFT it's a piece of s__t.
> >
> > "hfi25" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problem(tried your first suggestion, didn't help) It started
> > > immediatly AFTER I upgraded to IE 8 and still does, very annoying.

End User

RE: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
I've seen the same behavior, a hesitant, staccato movement of the cursor
across the favorites folders, in xp sp3, using MS intellimouse optical usb
mouse.
It doesn't seem to be related to add-ons.
DONSPC

RE: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
I also have this same problem, only on the Favorites list, and on 3 different
systems all running XP Pro and IE8. I never noticed this problem until I
installed IE8. The mouse and driver are different on each system and all
drivers are either generic MS mouse driver or up to date manufacturer
drivers. This is annoying to say the least because I constantly use Favoites
to navigate. I've gotten into the habbit of keeping my cursor to the right of
the list while moving down to choose an item. As long as the cursor is not
over the item text it works fine but as soon as it touches the text it gets
laggy and slow to respond.

This definitely needs a patch from MicroSoft!

"Karl" wrote:

> With IE8 I have found that my mouse moves in a "jerky" fashion when
> moving among the folders in the Favorites list. No previous version
> did this, and it does not occur anywhere else on my machine.

doug

RE: Mouse Movement Among Favorites Folders
Mouse movement along favorites is slow/hangs, please help!!!!
Started to happen on all three computers when upgraded to IE8.
Have installed all latest drivers for mouse, started w/o add ons, started in
safe mode, no change.
No problems w/ feed or history tabs.

Version 8.0.6001.18702
Build 86001
Application Path C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
Language English (United States)
Active Printer hp psc 1310 series,winspool,Ne01:

Cipher Strength 128-bit
Content Advisor Disabled
IEAK Install No
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOWER
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M. by More String
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1018.001, 9/5/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name TOWER\Dad
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,792.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.07 GB