history limit?

John

history limit?
I wanted to know I can no longer have more than 12 links in the history bar.
Can I change this I used to have 20 which were web sites I visit most often
in the day. Is there a way to get this back?

Re: history limit?
IE version? Windows version? What "history bar"?

John wrote:
> I wanted to know I can no longer have more than 12 links in the history
> bar.
> Can I change this I used to have 20 which were web sites I visit most
> often
> in the day. Is there a way to get this back?

John

Re: history limit?

Ie 8 windows xp the address bar that has the last few pages saved in
it you click on the down arrow and it shows the sites.
> IE version? Windows version? What "history bar"?
>
> John wrote:
>> I wanted to know I can no longer have more than 12 links in the history
>> bar.
>> Can I change this I used to have 20 which were web sites I visit most
>> often
>> in the day. Is there a way to get this back?

Re: history limit?
Address Bar functionality has changed in IE8. See
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...nd-faster.aspx

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

John wrote:
> Ie 8 windows xp the address bar that has the last few pages saved in
> it you click on the down arrow and it shows the sites.
>
>> IE version? Windows version? What "history bar"?
>>
>>> I wanted to know I can no longer have more than 12 links in the history
>>> bar.
>>> Can I change this I used to have 20 which were web sites I visit most
>>> often
>>> in the day. Is there a way to get this back?

Gordon

Re: history limit?

"John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message

> Ie 8 windows xp the address bar that has the last few pages saved in
> it you click on the down arrow and it shows the sites.

I have 3 tabs open and each drop-down history has ten different sites -
that's 30 over all. How many do you want?

John

Re: history limit?
I get the same history in each tab.
"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Ie 8 windows xp the address bar that has the last few pages saved in
>> it you click on the down arrow and it shows the sites.

> I have 3 tabs open and each drop-down history has ten different sites -
> that's 30 over all. How many do you want?

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: history limit?

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2931FA5C-F4BF-4738-9A7B-075DA32CEE25@microsoft.com...

> "John" <linton@gtcom.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Ie 8 windows xp the address bar that has the last few pages saved in
>> it you click on the down arrow and it shows the sites.

> I have 3 tabs open and each drop-down history has ten different sites -
> that's 30 over all. How many do you want?

Gordon,

He's talking about the F4 dropdown list, previously also known as
the TypedURLs list. IE8 has exhanced the use of that list by optionally
making it look more like the unfiltered AutoSuggest list (Alt-d,Delete,CursorDown)

FYI

Robert
---

Gordon

Re: history limit?

> Gordon,
>
> He's talking about the F4 dropdown list, previously also known as
> the TypedURLs list. IE8 has exhanced the use of that list by optionally
> making it look more like the unfiltered AutoSuggest list
> (Alt-d,Delete,CursorDown)

Thanks - it was the mention of the drop-down arrow in isolation that I
picked up on....

Don Varnau

Re: history limit?
Hi,
In Internet Options> Content> AutoComplete> Settings, if you uncheck
Browsing history and Favorites under Address Bar, you will revert to the old
TypedURLs list of 20-25 URLs.
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> IE version? Windows version? What "history bar"?

> > John wrote:
> >> I wanted to know I can no longer have more than 12 links in the history
> >> bar.
> >> Can I change this I used to have 20 which were web sites I visit most
> >> often
> >> in the day. Is there a way to get this back?

John

Re: history limit?
Thats what I was looking for thanks for the info.