Internet Explorer Occasionally Closes Immediately Upon Opening

TerryR

Internet Explorer Occasionally Closes Immediately Upon Opening
Hi Folks,

I am using IE8 on an XP Computer. On occasion- approximately once every 25
or 30 times I open IE- the window will immediately close as its trying to
open. When I click the IE icon again, the window opens just fine.

Do you think I need to take corrective action for this nagging issue, or
should I just leave well enough alone?

I have McAfee Internet Security Suite, and its telling me I have no viruses,
trojans, spyware, etc.

Thank You,

Terry
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer Occasionally Closes Immediately Upon Opening
Since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows XP operating system, if
Internet Explorer has a problem then so does Windows. You should
definitely try to understand what is causing your problem, by using the
troubleshooting techniques often mentioned in the newsgroup.

BTW: Just because <name of program> says your computer has no malware
does not necessarily mean that your computer is, in fact, free of
malware. No anti-malware application can stop every type of malware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

TerryR wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am using IE8 on an XP Computer. On occasion- approximately once every 25
> or 30 times I open IE- the window will immediately close as its trying to
> open. When I click the IE icon again, the window opens just fine.
>
> Do you think I need to take corrective action for this nagging issue, or
> should I just leave well enough alone?
>
> I have McAfee Internet Security Suite, and its telling me I have no viruses,
> trojans, spyware, etc.
>
> Thank You,
>

> Terry

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Internet Explorer Occasionally Closes Immediately Upon Opening
Hello,

Disable unneeded add-ons at IE8 > Tools > Manage Add-ons

Most of the add-ons that are under 'currently loaded' (set your page to
google.com before managing add-ons) are not needed.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service