paste and go feature as in chrome

anand

paste and go feature as in chrome
I would like to have the paste and go feature provided in the google chrome
browser included in IE.
and sometimes web links are given as normal text in webpages(without
hyperlink).then I should be able to select the text and then on right click I
should be able to launch a new window to go to the selected link.(maybe this
should be included into the accelerator feature)
--
microsoft rocks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Donald Anadell

Re: paste and go feature as in chrome

"anand" <anand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I would like to have the paste and go feature provided in the google chrome
> browser included in IE.

Personally I don't find it that time consuming to click "GO" button or hit
the "ENTER" key after I paste a URL into the Address bar. If you have the
skills and you want to set up something like this in IE, you might see the
following on how to add a "Paste and Go" context menu item to IE:

http://www.winvistaclub.com/g30.html

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> and sometimes web links are given as normal text in webpages(without
> hyperlink).then I should be able to select the text and then on right
> click I
> should be able to launch a new window to go to the selected link.(maybe
> this
> should be included into the accelerator feature)
> --
> microsoft rocks
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

R. Blinzler

Re: paste and go feature as in chrome

> Personally I don't find it that time consuming to click "GO" button

The poster obviously sees, or has, a need - otherwise they wouldn't take the
time to post. Isn't that the point of the blog or forum in the first place !?
Is it possible that you personally, regularly encounter all situations that
all posters encounter?

sorry for the rant, but one of the most annoying and frustrating things
about posting to suggestion or enhancemnt request blogs/forums are replies by
a vendor representative, or even other posters, saying they don't personally
see any point to the poster's request...

If you don't 'personally' see a need, then at least don't reply.

I wonder why Chrome and Firefox bothered with this feature when Donald
Anadell didn't personally see a need for it? Curious, isn't it...?

I'm a developer. When I'm working on a site, or several, or several
applications and need to switch between several browsers constantly to make
sure my application appears correctly in non-standard compliant browsers
(i.e. IE) and the 'GO' button is located in different places in the different
browsers, it would add a nice bit of convience to have the 'paste and go'
feature built in, as it already is in other browsers...