Problem with Site using IE8.

Ersotz

Problem with Site using IE8.
I have Windows XP SP3 and use IE8, which has been problem free for me

I do have, however a quirk when I go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com

The site comes up fine, but when I go to select a car and select overview,
nothign happens after I left click. I also get the same result using the
compatability mode?

Anyone else have this problem? It there a fix/solution to this problem?

Appreciate any asistance.
Luuk

Re: Problem with Site using IE8.
Ersotz schreef:
> I have Windows XP SP3 and use IE8, which has been problem free for me
>
> I do have, however a quirk when I go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com
>
> The site comes up fine, but when I go to select a car and select overview,
> nothign happens after I left click. I also get the same result using the
> compatability mode?
>
> Anyone else have this problem? It there a fix/solution to this problem?
>
> Appreciate any asistance.

buy a REAL car ?

--
Luuk

Re: Problem with Site using IE8.
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

Ersotz wrote:
> I have Windows XP SP3 and use IE8, which has been problem free for me
>
> I do have, however a quirk when I go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com
>
> The site comes up fine, but when I go to select a car and select overview,
> nothign happens after I left click. I also get the same result using the
> compatability mode?
>
> Anyone else have this problem? It there a fix/solution to this problem?
>
> Appreciate any asistance.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Ersotz" <Ersotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFDF6371-4E68-44F7-8835-A8786F8810CE@microsoft.com...
>I have Windows XP SP3 and use IE8, which has been problem free for me
>
> I do have, however a quirk when I go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com
>
> The site comes up fine, but when I go to select a car and select overview,
> nothign happens after I left click. I also get the same result using the
> compatability mode?

The site uses Flash, so it probably will have more to do with
your problems than IE's User-Agent string.

> Anyone else have this problem? It there a fix/solution to this problem?

Try repairing or replacing your Flash support?

> Appreciate any asistance.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To
> start IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do
> you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

think i've read this one before......

would this not be proper info to put in a (bi-)weekly post, and not as a
response to all this kind of messages?

a simple link to the site containg this info would be sufficient for
those who are too stupid to use Google (or Bing) in the first place....
(and it would be simpler to copy/past it...!)

Luuk wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] schreef:
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To
>> start IE in No Add-ons mode:
>>
>> => Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without
>> Add-ons; or

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:

>> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>> [Careful! Only remain in Safe Mode just long enough to test!]
>>
>> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in IE8? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed IE8?
>>
>> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought it)?
>>
>> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do
>> you have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

> think i've read this one before......
>
> would this not be proper info to put in a (bi-)weekly post, and not as a
> response to all this kind of messages?

If everyone here read every post, I wouldn't have to post it at all.

> a simple link to the site containg this info would be sufficient for
> those who are too stupid to use Google (or Bing) in the first place....
> (and it would be simpler to copy/past it...!)

Can't give you a link to my brain, d00d.

PS: Bite me

Ersotz

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Ersotz" <Ersotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFDF6371-4E68-44F7-8835-A8786F8810CE@microsoft.com...
> >I have Windows XP SP3 and use IE8, which has been problem free for me
> >
> > I do have, however a quirk when I go to http://www.hyundaiusa.com
> >
> > The site comes up fine, but when I go to select a car and select overview,
> > nothign happens after I left click. I also get the same result using the
> > compatability mode?

> The site uses Flash, so it probably will have more to do with
> your problems than IE's User-Agent string.
>

> > Anyone else have this problem? It there a fix/solution to this problem?

> Try repairing or replacing your Flash support?
>

> > Appreciate any asistance.

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Hi Robert:

I checked my Flash and all is in order.

I have full functionality of the site when I use FF 3.5.1

Thats the only problem I have using IE8...very minor...not a show stopper.

Appreciate the help, and any other suggestions you may have.

Regards,

Ersotz
Robert Aldwinckle

"Ersotz" <Ersotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C154D2B-FED3-477B-9750-0A9E9C10F351@microsoft.com...

> I checked my Flash and all is in order.
>

> I have full functionality of the site when I use FF 3.5.1

Apples and oranges. FF will be using a Netscape plugin
not an ActiveX add-on.

---

Ersotz

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Ersotz" <Ersotz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C154D2B-FED3-477B-9750-0A9E9C10F351@microsoft.com...
>
> > I checked my Flash and all is in order.
> >

> > I have full functionality of the site when I use FF 3.5.1

> Apples and oranges. FF will be using a Netscape plugin
> not an ActiveX add-on.

I understand, but it appears that I'm not having this problem with any other
site that I access that requires Flash when I use IE8.

Any other suggestions?