SSL Access to Self signed Certificate causes Icons to Disappear in

Mike Wolfe

SSL Access to Self signed Certificate causes Icons to Disappear in
Our webserver is located externally, and we manage it via a Secure browser
interface. The server has a self signed certificate, so we go through the
'Accept anyway' routine. For some reason the icons for the various functions
do not appear when we go in with IE8. They do for IE6, Firefox, and Safari.
I don't see anything weird in my Advanced settings, but I tried resetting to
default and same thing. I looked at the HTML source, and the Icons are
generated vi .css.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Mike

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: SSL Access to Self signed Certificate causes Icons to Disappear in

"Mike Wolfe" <Mike Wolfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C567BF8E-3E21-4765-AF14-25A3CE4618D5@microsoft.com...
> Our webserver is located externally, and we manage it via a Secure browser
> interface. The server has a self signed certificate, so we go through the
> 'Accept anyway' routine. For some reason the icons for the various functions
> do not appear when we go in with IE8. They do for IE6, Firefox, and Safari.
> I don't see anything weird in my Advanced settings, but I tried resetting to
> default and same thing. I looked at the HTML source, and the Icons are
> generated vi .css.
>

> Any Ideas??

Mixed mode without a prompt?

> Thanks
>
> Mike

Graham Wilmott

Re: SSL Access to Self signed Certificate causes Icons to Disappearin
Maybe a stupid question - but why not add your self-signed certificate
as a trusted certificate? Its easy to do (using MMC and "Add
certificates" plug in) and would stop you having to click the "accept
anyway" option every time you make a change...