font appearance in IE

Gene

font appearance in IE
How can I change the font appearance in IE text when I access web pages? The
letters have a hue/tint of different colors. I am using IE8 XP professional.

My two other computers using IE6 & 7 were the same and I corrected it but
that was 2 yrs and 5 yrs ago and I don't remember now.

I did try display properties > appearance > effects > standard or clear type
but this didn't help. My other computers are on standard.

Also if possible how can I change the font size too?

Thanks much.

--
Gene
Leonard Grey

Re: font appearance in IE
If text has a hue or tint, that's usually connected in some way with
your monitor. Does the computer exhibiting the problem have a CRT
monitor or an LCD monitor?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gene wrote:
> How can I change the font appearance in IE text when I access web pages? The
> letters have a hue/tint of different colors. I am using IE8 XP professional.
>
> My two other computers using IE6 & 7 were the same and I corrected it but
> that was 2 yrs and 5 yrs ago and I don't remember now.
>
> I did try display properties > appearance > effects > standard or clear type
> but this didn't help. My other computers are on standard.
>
> Also if possible how can I change the font size too?
>
> Thanks much.

Gene

Re: font appearance in IE
It is an LCD monitor and that monitor is used for both desktops. One has the
problem and the other doesn't.
--
Gene

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> If text has a hue or tint, that's usually connected in some way with
> your monitor. Does the computer exhibiting the problem have a CRT
> monitor or an LCD monitor?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Gene wrote:
> > How can I change the font appearance in IE text when I access web pages? The
> > letters have a hue/tint of different colors. I am using IE8 XP professional.
> >
> > My two other computers using IE6 & 7 were the same and I corrected it but
> > that was 2 yrs and 5 yrs ago and I don't remember now.
> >
> > I did try display properties > appearance > effects > standard or clear type
> > but this didn't help. My other computers are on standard.
> >
> > Also if possible how can I change the font size too?
> >
> > Thanks much.

Leonard Grey

Re: font appearance in IE
"...that monitor is used for both desktops..."

via KVM? Plug and unplug?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gene wrote:
> It is an LCD monitor and that monitor is used for both desktops. One has the
> problem and the other doesn't.

Gene

Re: font appearance in IE
Via 2 port KVM. I am setting up the new computer using the kvm. Once all
done I'll likely retire the old and disconnect the kvm.
--
Gene

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "...that monitor is used for both desktops..."
>
> via KVM? Plug and unplug?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Gene wrote:
> > It is an LCD monitor and that monitor is used for both desktops. One has the
> > problem and the other doesn't.

Gene

Re: font appearance in IE
I'll try to explain the situation better.
as an example black or blue bolded letters are fine. But black not bolded
letters have different colors in them...maybe hue was a bad description.

The letter W I can see red/and green separtated by black within the line of
the letter not outside so the W is clear but has multiple colors in it.

again just on one computer not both
--
Gene

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> "...that monitor is used for both desktops..."
>
> via KVM? Plug and unplug?
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Gene wrote:
> > It is an LCD monitor and that monitor is used for both desktops. One has the
> > problem and the other doesn't.

Leonard Grey

Re: font appearance in IE
That is likely a video hardware problem. If it was software, you would
have the same behavior on any monitor attached to your computer.

Possible culprits include the monitor, the video cable and the video
card (specifically, the connector.)

One other thing you might try is to reset the monitor's video display.
There is usually a reset button on the monitor.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gene wrote:
> I'll try to explain the situation better.
> as an example black or blue bolded letters are fine. But black not bolded
> letters have different colors in them...maybe hue was a bad description.
>
> The letter W I can see red/and green separtated by black within the line of
> the letter not outside so the W is clear but has multiple colors in it.
>
> again just on one computer not both

Gene

Re: font appearance in IE
Thanks for your ideas. I'll check them out in the next day or two. thanks
again.
--
Gene

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> That is likely a video hardware problem. If it was software, you would
> have the same behavior on any monitor attached to your computer.
>
> Possible culprits include the monitor, the video cable and the video
> card (specifically, the connector.)
>
> One other thing you might try is to reset the monitor's video display.
> There is usually a reset button on the monitor.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Gene wrote:
> > I'll try to explain the situation better.
> > as an example black or blue bolded letters are fine. But black not bolded
> > letters have different colors in them...maybe hue was a bad description.
> >
> > The letter W I can see red/and green separtated by black within the line of
> > the letter not outside so the W is clear but has multiple colors in it.
> >
> > again just on one computer not both

Leonard Grey

Re: font appearance in IE
Please let us know how things turn out.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Gene wrote:
> Thanks for your ideas. I'll check them out in the next day or two. thanks
> again.

Gene

Re: font appearance in IE
I already connected the monitor cable direct (not thru the KVM) and checked
the monitor setup but the issue is the same.

Let me review. The computer with the problem only shows up using IE. When
using MS Word the letters are fine.

Another computer using the same monitor is fine.
--
Gene