IE7 Annoying "select options" screen will NOT go away

Salisar

IE7 Annoying "select options" screen will NOT go away
I've had nothing problem with Internet Explorer ever since I first installed
IE7.

When I first start it, I get a screen asking me to set my preferences. I do
and then attempt to save the screen but there is always an error saving and
the next time I open IE again, the same thing happens (this is when IE even
opens at all - it's about 60-40 it won't).

I upgraded to IE8 and IE opened for me maybe 30% of the time, and that's an
optimistic estimate. So, back to IE7. Same problem as before.

With both IE7 and IE8, web pages open slooooooooowly ... annoyingly so.

There has got to be a registry that will fix either or both of these issues.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 Annoying "select options" screen will NOT go away
Of course, it's always got to be something in the registry...

Run Internet Explorer in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Alternatively: Reset Internet Explorer to default settings. When you
reset Internet Explorer settings, all add-ons and customizations are
deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Salisar wrote:
> I've had nothing problem with Internet Explorer ever since I first installed
> IE7.
>
> When I first start it, I get a screen asking me to set my preferences. I do
> and then attempt to save the screen but there is always an error saving and
> the next time I open IE again, the same thing happens (this is when IE even
> opens at all - it's about 60-40 it won't).
>
> I upgraded to IE8 and IE opened for me maybe 30% of the time, and that's an
> optimistic estimate. So, back to IE7. Same problem as before.
>
> With both IE7 and IE8, web pages open slooooooooowly ... annoyingly so.
>
> There has got to be a registry that will fix either or both of these issues.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Richard

Re: IE7 Annoying "select options" screen will NOT go away
How to Disable IE8 Welcome Screen (Tour and RunOnce) for All Users
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/di...nce-all-users/