Just installed IE 8

SilverSurferMick

Just installed IE 8
I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
woukd solve the problem - It has not !!

The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but has a
different fault code.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
Exception Offset: 100036d0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have wrongly
deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program files.

As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!

--
Mick
Silver Surfer
Singapore Computer Service

Re: Just installed IE 8
Hello,

NPIEAddOn.dll seems to be related to "Network Optimizer". If you don't need
this software, remove it from Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.

Or just disable the NPIEAddOn.dll add-on via IE8 > Tools > Manage Add-ons

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"SilverSurferMick" <SilverSurferMick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0B1EFDE9-DE66-4A70-B6F7-C90E6153F89A@microsoft.com...
>I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
> woukd solve the problem - It has not !!
>
> The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but has
> different fault code.
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
> Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
> Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
> Exception Offset: 100036d0
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Data: 00000008
> OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have wrongly
> deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program
> files.
>
> As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!
>
> --
> Mick
> Silver Surfer

SilverSurferMick

Re: Just installed IE 8
Hello SCS,

Have tried to delete Network Optimizer via Control Panel>add / remove but it
will not delete !!

I have looked in program files and found NPIEAddOn.dll but it will not let
me delete it.

I have disabled add-ons but I am still having the same problem - not often
but enough to make me say "&^%$£* NOT AGAIN " and I did mean to shout !!!

What am I doing wrong ?
--
Mick
Silver Surfer

"Singapore Computer Service" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> NPIEAddOn.dll seems to be related to "Network Optimizer". If you don't need
> this software, remove it from Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
>
> Or just disable the NPIEAddOn.dll add-on via IE8 > Tools > Manage Add-ons
>
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> "SilverSurferMick" <SilverSurferMick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0B1EFDE9-DE66-4A70-B6F7-C90E6153F89A@microsoft.com...
> >I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
> > woukd solve the problem - It has not !!
> >
> > The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but has
> > different fault code.
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BEX
> > Application Name: iexplore.exe
> > Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> > Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
> > Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
> > Exception Offset: 100036d0
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Data: 00000008
> > OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> >
> > I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have wrongly
> > deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program
> > files.
> >
> > As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!
> >
> > --
> > Mick
> > Silver Surfer

Leonard Grey

Re: Just installed IE 8
Don't /ever/ upgrade your operating system "to see if it would solve the
problem."

1. How did you determine that your problem was caused by Internet
Explorer, and not something else?

2. When software writers upgrade their applications, they almost always
publish release notes that describe what problems in the previous
version are fixed in the new version, if any. If you want to see the
Release Notes for Internet Explorer 8, you need only look on Microsoft's
web site. I've provided a link for you here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dd441788.aspx

3. When you use NPIEAddOn.dll as the search term in a search engine, as
here...

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=NPIEAddOn.dll

....you'll find that it's part of 'Network Optimizer' or 'Internet
Savings Optimizer,' both of which are malware.

Your computer is either infected with malware, or it was previously
infected with malware and your attempt to remove it was not completely
successful.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

SilverSurferMick wrote:
> I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
> woukd solve the problem - It has not !!
>
> The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but has a
> different fault code.
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: BEX
> Application Name: iexplore.exe
> Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
> Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
> Exception Offset: 100036d0
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Data: 00000008
> OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 2057
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>
> I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have wrongly
> deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program files.
>
> As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!

Singapore Computer Service

Re: Just installed IE 8
Hello,

When starting IE without add-ons, make sure you have terminated all
IEXPLORE.EXE processes in Task Manager.

Try uninstalling/deleting the program in Safe Mode. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449 on how to go to Safe Mode.

message news:9E61D48E-94CE-44F5-B4FE-67C11A5E46CA@microsoft.com...
> Hello SCS,
>
> Have tried to delete Network Optimizer via Control Panel>add / remove but
> it
> will not delete !!
>
> I have looked in program files and found NPIEAddOn.dll but it will not let
> me delete it.
>
> I have disabled add-ons but I am still having the same problem - not often
> but enough to make me say "&^%$£* NOT AGAIN " and I did mean to shout !!!
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
> --
> Mick
> Silver Surfer
>

> "Singapore Computer Service" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> NPIEAddOn.dll seems to be related to "Network Optimizer". If you don't
>> need
>> this software, remove it from Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove
>> Programs.
>>
>> Or just disable the NPIEAddOn.dll add-on via IE8 > Tools > Manage Add-ons
>>
>> Regards,
>> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
>> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
>> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
>> "SilverSurferMick" <SilverSurferMick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:0B1EFDE9-DE66-4A70-B6F7-C90E6153F89A@microsoft.com...
>> >I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
>> > woukd solve the problem - It has not !!
>> >
>> > The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but
>> > has
>> > different fault code.
>> > Problem signature:
>> > Problem Event Name: BEX
>> > Application Name: iexplore.exe
>> > Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
>> > Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
>> > Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
>> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
>> > Exception Offset: 100036d0
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Data: 00000008
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 2057
>> > Additional Information 1: fd00
>> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>> > Additional Information 3: fd00
>> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
>> >
>> > I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have
>> > wrongly
>> > deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program
>> > files.
>> >
>> > As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mick
>> > Silver Surfer

SilverSurferMick

Re: Just installed IE 8
Dear Leonard,

Thanks for the slap on the wrist - but I did mention that I am not at all
HiTec so can only assess problems as I see them.

Whilst using Explorer, I get a Windows window which tells me that Internet
Explorer has stopped working and to look for a solution on the web. This says
to me that there is a problem with Explorer !!.

So the Optimizers shouldn't be there ?

Norton has not traced them and give me an opportunity to fix as I have done
a full scan but the optimizer is not flagged as being "illegal" or nasty.

Is there any way to remove this Optimizer.?

Any assistance appreciated.

Mick
--
Mick
Silver Surfer

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Don't /ever/ upgrade your operating system "to see if it would solve the
> problem."
>
> 1. How did you determine that your problem was caused by Internet
> Explorer, and not something else?
>
> 2. When software writers upgrade their applications, they almost always
> publish release notes that describe what problems in the previous
> version are fixed in the new version, if any. If you want to see the
> Release Notes for Internet Explorer 8, you need only look on Microsoft's
> web site. I've provided a link for you here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/dd441788.aspx
>
> 3. When you use NPIEAddOn.dll as the search term in a search engine, as
> here...
>
> http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=NPIEAddOn.dll
>
> ....you'll find that it's part of 'Network Optimizer' or 'Internet
> Savings Optimizer,' both of which are malware.
>
> Your computer is either infected with malware, or it was previously
> infected with malware and your attempt to remove it was not completely
> successful.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> SilverSurferMick wrote:
> > I was experiencing an IE7 problem so decided to downlod IE8 to see if it
> > woukd solve the problem - It has not !!
> >
> > The problem is similar to other threads on this "Closing Down IE " but has a
> > different fault code.
> > Problem signature:
> > Problem Event Name: BEX
> > Application Name: iexplore.exe
> > Application Version: 8.0.6001.18702
> > Application Timestamp: 49b3ad2e
> > Fault Module Name: NPIEAddOn.dll_unloaded
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4a55c8ba
> > Exception Offset: 100036d0
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Data: 00000008
> > OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 2057
> > Additional Information 1: fd00
> > Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> > Additional Information 3: fd00
> > Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> >
> > I have been trying to release more hard drive space and I may have wrongly
> > deleted the NPIEAddOn.dll as I cannot find it anywhere in the program files.
> >
> > As log in name suggests - I am very LoTec so if any one can help !!!!!

Leonard Grey

Re: Just installed IE 8
Removing malware is not something a 'low-tech' person wants to get
attempt. For now I suggest regularly backing up your personal data, in
case your hard drive needs to be erased, and showing your computer to a
professional.

Here are three things every 'low tech' person can do to help them deal
with high technology:

1. Backup - regularly. Every day is not too often.
2. Be on guard while on the internet, just as you are on guard in your
everyday life.
3. Learn how to protect yourself while on the internet. No need to learn
fancy technical details.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

SilverSurferMick wrote:
> Dear Leonard,
>
> Thanks for the slap on the wrist - but I did mention that I am not at all
> HiTec so can only assess problems as I see them.
>
> Whilst using Explorer, I get a Windows window which tells me that Internet
> Explorer has stopped working and to look for a solution on the web. This says
> to me that there is a problem with Explorer !!.
>
> So the Optimizers shouldn't be there ?
>
> Norton has not traced them and give me an opportunity to fix as I have done
> a full scan but the optimizer is not flagged as being "illegal" or nasty.
>
> Is there any way to remove this Optimizer.?
>
> Any assistance appreciated.
>
> Mick

SilverSurferMick

Re: Just installed IE 8
Leonard

Thank you for your comments.
--
Mick
Silver Surfer

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Removing malware is not something a 'low-tech' person wants to get
> attempt. For now I suggest regularly backing up your personal data, in
> case your hard drive needs to be erased, and showing your computer to a
> professional.
>
> Here are three things every 'low tech' person can do to help them deal
> with high technology:
>
> 1. Backup - regularly. Every day is not too often.
> 2. Be on guard while on the internet, just as you are on guard in your
> everyday life.
> 3. Learn how to protect yourself while on the internet. No need to learn
> fancy technical details.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> SilverSurferMick wrote:
> > Dear Leonard,
> >
> > Thanks for the slap on the wrist - but I did mention that I am not at all
> > HiTec so can only assess problems as I see them.
> >
> > Whilst using Explorer, I get a Windows window which tells me that Internet
> > Explorer has stopped working and to look for a solution on the web. This says
> > to me that there is a problem with Explorer !!.
> >
> > So the Optimizers shouldn't be there ?
> >
> > Norton has not traced them and give me an opportunity to fix as I have done
> > a full scan but the optimizer is not flagged as being "illegal" or nasty.
> >
> > Is there any way to remove this Optimizer.?
> >
> > Any assistance appreciated.
> >
> > Mick

VanguardLH

Re: Just installed IE 8
SilverSurferMick wrote:

> NPIEAddOn

Does the problem still happen if you load IE in its no add-ons mode?
Problem still happens when you disable just this add-on?

So just why did you install Network Optimizer (or Internet Saving
Optimizer)?

Got any Start menu entries for this software? Sometimes they place an
uninstall shortcut in their submenu (if not malware).

What MULTIPLE anti-virus/malware utilities have you used to scan your
host?

Got a vice of online gaming? See http://www.gamingharbor.com/terms.do,
section 3.e. If you installed their software (or of another such site
incorporating this incompatible adware) then perhaps you could ask them
how to get rid of it; however, that also might mean you cannot access
all functions of their site or render your account inactive. There's a
reason they want that crapware on your host.
VanguardLH

Re: Just installed IE 8
Singapore Computer Service wrote:

> Hello,
> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/

Be leery of advice from a SPAMMER who has a different agenda than the
pretense of giving help. This one does knows how to put his spam in a
signature but refuses to do so because some newsreaders strip off the
signature. He wants to ensure you see his spam.