Internet Explorer ver 8 and bitmpas

Nils Titley

Internet Explorer ver 8 and bitmpas
Internet explorer will not display bitmaps. Why is that?

What needs to be done to allow it to view bitmaps.

Re: Internet Explorer ver 8 and bitmpas
Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

What happens when you try to open a BMP file? Can you open JPG files? If
so, in which application to they open?

Nils Titley wrote:
> Internet explorer will not display bitmaps. Why is that?
>
> What needs to be done to allow it to view bitmaps.

Nils Titley

Re: Internet Explorer ver 8 and bitmpas
Robear

Thanks for responding.

I have WinXP SP3.

I can open JPG and they are viewed in IE. When I try to open BMP, it opens
them in Paint even when I have the association Internet Explorer.

Thanks

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> What happens when you try to open a BMP file? Can you open JPG files? If
> so, in which application to they open?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Nils Titley wrote:
> > Internet explorer will not display bitmaps. Why is that?
> >
> > What needs to be done to allow it to view bitmaps.

Re: Internet Explorer ver 8 and bitmpas
One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change (i.e., opening BMP files in IE
instead of Paint) from "sticking." These include anti-spyware applications
(e.g., Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer, SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper,
Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, WinPatrol, etc), anti-virus applications &
security suites (Norton, McAfee, ESET/NOD32, Kasperky, Trend Micro, etc.),
and third-party firewalls (e.g., Zone Alarm, etc.).

Note that temporarily disabling the application(s) or rebooting into Safe
Mode may not disable the application's system protections.