Send/Dont send with IE8

Daniel

Send/Dont send with IE8
Hi

I have a PC with XP Pro SP3 and all the latest updates, I have just
installed IE8 .

When I go to this one web site I keep getting a Send/Don't Send to Microsoft
error box, IE8 closes the Tab and the Tab regenerates the first two times
then simply closes.

The site concerned is the NONAGS freeware site, I have used this site for
many years without any problems until now.

What could be causing this to happen, and how will I fix it?

thanks

Daniel

Re: Send/Dont send with IE8
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

Daniel wrote:
> I have a PC with XP Pro SP3 and all the latest updates, I have just
> installed IE8 .
>
> When I go to this one web site I keep getting a Send/Don't Send to
> Microsoft
> error box, IE8 closes the Tab and the Tab regenerates the first two times
> then simply closes.
>
> The site concerned is the NONAGS freeware site, I have used this site for
> many years without any problems until now.
>
> What could be causing this to happen, and how will I fix it?

Daniel

Re: Send/Dont send with IE8
Hi

thanks for this comprehensive list, I will be saving it for future
reference.

I tried no add ons mode and I still got the error, then I got
thinking, I had not installed Java or Flash, I installed Java and still got
the error, I installed Flash and NO MORE ERRORS, YAY!!

Thanks again

regards

Daniel

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Daniel wrote:
>> I have a PC with XP Pro SP3 and all the latest updates, I have just
>> installed IE8 .
>>
>> When I go to this one web site I keep getting a Send/Don't Send to
>> Microsoft
>> error box, IE8 closes the Tab and the Tab regenerates the first two times
>> then simply closes.
>>
>> The site concerned is the NONAGS freeware site, I have used this site for
>> many years without any problems until now.
>>
>> What could be causing this to happen, and how will I fix it?

Re: Send/Dont send with IE8
YW & thanks for your feedback.

You might want to see this page, too:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=40890