Re: Help please, IE7 doesn't work after IE8 failed installation

Re: Help please, IE7 doesn't work after IE8 failed installation
[Crosspost to IE General]

To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" the installation of anything (e.g.,
an IE upgrade; a Windows Service Pack or other Windows Update; new
software)!! Use Add/Remove Programs to "undo" such installs, if and when
necessary.

Is "Windows Internet Explorer 8" or "Windows Internet Explorer 7" listed in
Add/Remove Programs? If it is, select (highlight) it and tell me if the
REMOVE button is available or not?

in the background when you installed and/or uninstalled IE8?

~PA Bear

Lark1 wrote:
> Today I did not uninstall IE8, I used system restore to role back the
> change. The first time I installed IE8, a couple of weeks ago, I think I
> must have done the same, I did not use any uninstall program, certainly
> not
> All Programs > IE8 > uninstall. Hope this helps!

<paste>
<snip>