Probelsm with IE8

Kim Milliner

Probelsm with IE8
I had been running IE 7 successfully and then about two weeks ago, I
installed IE8 and now when I run IE8, when I click on a link on a webpage -
nothing happens.

Please help.

I have had to use a different browser until I figure this out.
Leonard Grey

Re: Probelsm with IE8
When you ask about Internet Explorer you have to say what version of
Windows you have, including the service pack.

Please explain what "nothing happens" means. What exactly do you see?
Any error messages? Any information in Event Viewer?

Do you have a third-party firewall that could be blocking outbound
access for Internet Explorer?

Do you have the same problem when you run Internet Explorer in 'No
Add-Ons' mode:

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search
box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

following target path:

If the problem does not occur in 'No Add-Ons' mode, then it's being
caused by one of the add-ons that you have installed. We can show you
how to identify which add-on is causing the problem.

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that has been installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Kim Milliner wrote:
> I had been running IE 7 successfully and then about two weeks ago, I
> installed IE8 and now when I run IE8, when I click on a link on a webpage -
> nothing happens.
>
> Please help.
>
> I have had to use a different browser until I figure this out.

Kim Milliner

Re: Probelsm with IE8
Windows Version : Windows XP with Service pack 3

Nothing Happens: The page does not load
I checked Event Viewer for Internet Explorer and there are no messages.

I have a firewall but it was installed about 6 months ago and IE was working
fine up until about 2 to 3 weeks ago when I installed IE 8.

I have the same problem when running ie 8 with no add ins.