Re: Does IE8 work slower than IE7?

[Crosspost to IE General]

Is your installed version of "CA Security Center" supported in IE8 (yet)?

Is the computer currently fully-patched at Windows Update (including
KB969897)?

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender) are installed?
Were any of these applications and/or any "CA Security Center" components
(e.g., anti-virus; firewall) running in the background when you installed
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
~PA Bear