Re: I HATE IE 8! How can I un-install and replace with 7.0?

Re: I HATE IE 8! How can I un-install and replace with 7.0?
[Crosspost to IE General]

Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
posting to this newsgroup.

IE in No Add-ons mode:

Add-ons; or

Explorer (No add-ons).

4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine

5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?

How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

IE 8 - HATE IT! wrote:
> There are so many reasons why I don't like the IE 8, but the biggest
> reason
> is that it freezes my computer...Then I get the question...Would you like
> restore your last session? (which I see at least 3 times in a
> day)....seriously--who is testing this version? Firefox..here I come!

VanguardLH

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> Please state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista x64 SP2) when
> posting to this newsgroup.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Add-ons; or

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer¢s (No Add-ons) Mode:

> 3. Does the behavior persist if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?
>
> 4a. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 4b. Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>
> 5. Just asking for now!! Do NOT use such a Restore Point yet!! => Do you
> have an available Restore Point which predates the install of IE8?
>
> How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Original newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
Added newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
Effector/Respondent: PA Bear

This is to warn that Effector has copied [only a subthread of] an
existing discussion to other groups by cross-posting their reply to
groups not originally specified by the OP (original post[er]). There
may be additional replies back under the original post in its original
group(s) than just those shown under the subthread for the Effector's
cross-posted reply. If the OP and others wish to ensure that they see
ALL replies then they must visit the original groups to check if there
are subthreads *other* than under the Effector's reply.

<rant_start>
If the OP wishes to move or copy their discussion to another group, that
should be *their* choice and not as an UNSOLICITED action enforced by
another *user*. Despite his pretense, the Effector is not a moderator
or admin but just another user who is propagating the OP's discussion to
different group(s) that he has divined are more appropriate and to
enlarge the audience or hopefully provide a more focused community on
the topic but which may not be a correct action (since the source of the
problem may not be relevant to those other groups simply based on where
the OP reported the symptoms). If the OP wants to move or copy their
discussion to another group, that should be THEIR choice and not of the
Respondent. The Respondent should only recommend to the OP that there
may be more appropriate or useful groups to which the OP should repost
or cross-post their message, not enforce the propagation of the OP's
discussion to other groups.

There are times when the Newsgroups header should be modified to a
different set of groups than was originally specified by the user.
Examples are: using a *.test group to redirect negative or expository
replies into the bit bucket (common with spammers or trolls); removal of
completely unrelated groups (i.e., the OP cross-posted to invalid
groups), an attempt to flame a smaller community or low-bandwidth group
with a rash of replies from other groups (i.e., an intentional attempt
to vengefully or maliciously flood forward into other groups), inclusion
of *.kook or other groups with the intention to flame the other groups
with the inflamed responses (i.e., attempt to flood backward into other
groups), responding to a spam exhibit or announcements but discussions
about them belong in another group, and so on. A misguided need to
enlarge exposure for a discussion based on a choice made by the
Respondent is not an adequate reason to alter the Newsgroups header.

Recommend the OP should move. Do not SHOVE them over. It should be the
OP's choice in what communities to focus on their post, not a forced
change made by the Respondent.
<rant_end>
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

Re: I HATE IE 8! How can I un-install and replace with 7.0?

<stalk>

--
....if there is any principle of the Constitution that more imperatively
calls for attachment than any other it is the principle of free

Peter Foldes

Re: I HATE IE 8! How can I un-install and replace with 7.0?
VanguardLH

I don't know what you are complaining about but I am seeing and answering you in the
original newsgroup where the OP posted. Everyone see's every post no matter which
group they post to concerning this post.
All that it does is that it gives more people in the IE8 groups more exposure to
issues .

--
Peter

"VanguardLH" <V@nguard.LH> wrote in message news:h3tf61$550$1@news.albasani.net...
> [...]

> completely unrelated groups (i.e., the OP cross-posted to invalid
> groups), an attempt to flame a smaller community or low-bandwidth group
> with a rash of replies from other groups (i.e., an intentional attempt
> to vengefully or maliciously flood forward into other groups), inclusion
> of *.kook or other groups with the intention to flame the other groups
> with the inflamed responses (i.e., attempt to flood backward into other
> groups), responding to a spam exhibit or announcements but discussions
> about them belong in another group, and so on. A misguided need to
> enlarge exposure for a discussion based on a choice made by the
> Respondent is not an adequate reason to alter the Newsgroups header.
>
> Recommend the OP should move. Do not SHOVE them over. It should be the
> OP's choice in what communities to focus on their post, not a forced

Curious

Re: I HATE IE 8! How can I un-install and replace with 7.0?
Peter your assumption that nobody ever deletes posts in the newsgroups that
they monitor or subscribe to is not reasonable.
Many of us delete posts that we do not think we will respond to or will be
interested in in the future in order to conserve disk space.

> [...]

>> completely unrelated groups (i.e., the OP cross-posted to invalid
>> groups), an attempt to flame a smaller community or low-bandwidth group
>> with a rash of replies from other groups (i.e., an intentional attempt
>> to vengefully or maliciously flood forward into other groups), inclusion
>> of *.kook or other groups with the intention to flame the other groups
>> with the inflamed responses (i.e., attempt to flood backward into other
>> groups), responding to a spam exhibit or announcements but discussions
>> about them belong in another group, and so on. A misguided need to
>> enlarge exposure for a discussion based on a choice made by the
>> Respondent is not an adequate reason to alter the Newsgroups header.
>>
>> Recommend the OP should move. Do not SHOVE them over. It should be the
>> OP's choice in what communities to focus on their post, not a forced

VanguardLH

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> [Crosspost to IE General]

<snip>

Original newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta
Added newsgroups: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
Effector/Respondent: PA Bear

This is to warn that Effector has copied [only a subthread of] an
existing discussion to other groups by cross-posting their reply to
groups not originally specified by the OP (original post[er]). There
may be additional replies back under the original post in its original
group(s) than just those shown under the subthread for the Effector's
cross-posted reply. If the OP and others wish to ensure that they see
ALL replies then they must visit the original groups to check if there
are subthreads *other* than under the Effector's reply.

In this case, there was no need to needlessly cross-post. The beta
group did not vaporize because the product got released. Cross-posting
should be avoided when possible, not promoted.

Peter Foldes wrote:

> VanguardLH
>
> I don't know what you are complaining about but I am seeing and answering you in the
> original newsgroup where the OP posted. Everyone see's every post no matter which
> group they post to concerning this post.
> All that it does is that it gives more people in the IE8 groups more exposure to
> issues .

Wrong. They only see the subthread. Not ALL replies are there.
Cross-posting should be avoided, not promoted.