Re: Cant open certain sites

[crosspost to IE General]

Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3).

What's "internet security"?

Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?

Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

--Ivan-- wrote:
> Im having trouble opening certain sites, or secured sites,
> i was told on here to try delete temp files, clear ssl slate, reset
> internet
> explorer, nothing worked, i even uninstalled internet security and didnt
> solve it either, most sites work but sites such as www.sportsbet.com.au,
> hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the green loading light at
> bottom
> just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for www.site..... to
> load,
>
> ive heard of this before a few years ago and someone told me it ended up
> being a really easy fix but i just cant remember what it was,

--Ivan--

Re: Cant open certain sites
Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed all
updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago.. windows firewall
used, everything was working fine until a few days ago, all i done was tried
to install Power director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not work
and nothing has worked since then..

Thanks for your help

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [crosspost to IE General]
>
> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3).
>
> What's "internet security"?
>
> Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?
>
> Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> --Ivan-- wrote:
> > Im having trouble opening certain sites, or secured sites,
> > i was told on here to try delete temp files, clear ssl slate, reset
> > internet
> > explorer, nothing worked, i even uninstalled internet security and didnt
> > solve it either, most sites work but sites such as www.sportsbet.com.au,
> > hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the green loading light at
> > bottom
> > just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for www.site..... to
> > load,
> >
> > ive heard of this before a few years ago and someone told me it ended up
> > being a really easy fix but i just cant remember what it was,

Gerry

Re: Cant open certain sites
Ivan

Sportsbet loads fine here using IE8 and Windows Firewall.

In IE8 select Tools, Internet Options, Security. What Security Level has
been selected for the Internet Zone?

This link from the Trend Knowledge Base may help.
http://snurl.com/nh0hf [esupport_trendmicro_com]

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Ivan-- wrote:
> Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
> recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed
> all updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago..
> windows firewall used, everything was working fine until a few days
> ago, all i done was tried to install Power director 7 that i bought
> of the internet and would not work and nothing has worked since then..
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP
>> SP3).
>>
>> What's "internet security"?
>>
>> Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?
>>
>> Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?
>>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>> your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other
>> than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought it)? --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> --Ivan-- wrote:
>>> Im having trouble opening certain sites, or secured sites,
>>> i was told on here to try delete temp files, clear ssl slate, reset
>>> internet
>>> explorer, nothing worked, i even uninstalled internet security and
>>> didnt solve it either, most sites work but sites such as
>>> www.sportsbet.com.au, hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the
>>> green loading light at bottom
>>> just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for
>>> www.site..... to load,
>>>
>>> ive heard of this before a few years ago and someone told me it
>>> ended up being a really easy fix but i just cant remember what it
>>> was,

--Ivan--

Re: Cant open certain sites
Hi Gerry

ive tried running it at every level, restarted and didnt work i keep it at
default level but none work anyway i reseted all the setting in IE8, and its
not Internet security because i took it of and tried it

"Gerry" wrote:

> Ivan
>
> Sportsbet loads fine here using IE8 and Windows Firewall.
>
> In IE8 select Tools, Internet Options, Security. What Security Level has
> been selected for the Internet Zone?
>
> This link from the Trend Knowledge Base may help.
> http://snurl.com/nh0hf [esupport_trendmicro_com]
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> --Ivan-- wrote:
> > Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
> > recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed
> > all updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago..
> > windows firewall used, everything was working fine until a few days
> > ago, all i done was tried to install Power director 7 that i bought
> > of the internet and would not work and nothing has worked since then..
> >
> > Thanks for your help
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> [crosspost to IE General]
> >>
> >> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP
> >> SP3).
> >>
> >> What's "internet security"?
> >>
> >> Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?
> >>
> >> Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?
> >>
> >> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
> >> your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other
> >> than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
> >>
> >> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> >> machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought it)? --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

HeyBub

Re: Cant open certain sites
--Ivan-- wrote:

> all i done was tried to install Power director 7 that i bought
> of the internet and would not work and nothing has worked since then..

That's what we in the computer business call a "Clue."

I'd concentrate on that bugger:

Uninstall, restore to a date prior to its installation, etc.

Re: Cant open certain sites
Repost:

--Ivan-- wrote:
> Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
> recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed all
> updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago.. windows
> firewall
> used, everything was working fine until a few days ago, all i done was
> tried
> to install Power director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not
> work
> and nothing has worked since then..
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3).
>>
>> What's "internet security"?
>>
>> Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?
>>
>> Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> --Ivan-- wrote:
>>> Im having trouble opening certain sites, or secured sites,
>>> i was told on here to try delete temp files, clear ssl slate, reset
>>> internet
>>> explorer, nothing worked, i even uninstalled internet security and didnt
>>> solve it either, most sites work but sites such as www.sportsbet.com.au,
>>> hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the green loading light at
>>> bottom
>>> just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for www.site.....
>>> load,
>>>
>>> ive heard of this before a few years ago and someone told me it ended up
>>> being a really easy fix but i just cant remember what it was,

Nate Grossman

Re: Cant open certain sites
--Ivan-- <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
>recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed all
>updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago.. windows firewall
>used, everything was working fine until a few days ago, all i done was tried
>to install Power director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not work
>and nothing has worked since then..

DUH! Uninstall it and see what happens!
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Cant open certain sites
"--Ivan--" <Ivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CEF0179-0551-47F9-B77A-07FB27142BA1@microsoft.com...

>> > most sites work but sites such as www.sportsbet.com.au,
>> > hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the green loading light at
>> > bottom
>> > just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for www.site..... to
>> > load,

> all i done was tried
> to install Power director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not work
> and nothing has worked since then..

If undoing what you did doesn't help, please refine your symptom description.

E.g. the two problem sites you mentioned probably both require HTTPS
Is there any sign of such a redirection occurring?

BTW consider *all* of the possible sources of what you can see for your
symptom description. E.g. besides the changes you mentioned seeing in
the Status bar, changes may be happening in the Address bar, the Title bar,
the tab label, as well as the window's display area. Remember, your words
have to substitute for what our eyes might notice. ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet security
> recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to date, completed all
> updates today, internet explorer 8 installed 4-5 days ago.. windows firewall
> used, everything was working fine until a few days ago, all i done was tried
> to install Power director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not work
> and nothing has worked since then..
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Please state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3).
>>
>> What's "internet security"?
>>
>> Are all of the problem sites secure (https:// ) sites?
>>
>> Is the computer fully-patched at Windows Update?

>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)?
>>
>> Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this machine
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> --Ivan-- wrote:
>> > Im having trouble opening certain sites, or secured sites,
>> > i was told on here to try delete temp files, clear ssl slate, reset
>> > internet
>> > explorer, nothing worked, i even uninstalled internet security and didnt
>> > solve it either, most sites work but sites such as www.sportsbet.com.au,
>> > hotmail.com, and few others wont load up, the green loading light at
>> > bottom
>> > just goes half way and stays there, and says waiting for www.site..... to
>> > load,
>> >
>> > ive heard of this before a few years ago and someone told me it ended up
>> > being a really easy fix but i just cant remember what it was,

Gerry

Re: Cant open certain sites
Ivan

Given that that you are using Vista you should be pursuing your problem
in Vista / Internet Explorer newsgroups. The security arrangements in
Vista are not the same as in Windows XP.

--

Gerry
~~~~

--Ivan-- wrote:
> Hi Gerry
>
> ive tried running it at every level, restarted and didnt work i keep
> it at default level but none work anyway i reseted all the setting in
> IE8, and its not Internet security because i took it of and tried it
>
> "Gerry" wrote:
>
>> Ivan
>>
>> Sportsbet loads fine here using IE8 and Windows Firewall.
>>
>> In IE8 select Tools, Internet Options, Security. What Security Level
>> has been selected for the Internet Zone?
>>
>> This link from the Trend Knowledge Base may help.
>> http://snurl.com/nh0hf [esupport_trendmicro_com]
>>
>> --
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Gerry
>> ~~~~
>> FCA
>> Stourport, England
>> Enquire, plan and execute
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> --Ivan-- wrote:
>>> Vista home edition, service pack, bought trend micro internet
>>> security recently, got 3 years left on it, everything is up to
>>> date, completed all updates today, internet explorer 8 installed
>>> 4-5 days ago.. windows firewall used, everything was working fine
>>> until a few days ago, all i done was tried to install Power
>>> director 7 that i bought of the internet and would not work and
>>> nothing has worked since then..
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help

--Ivan--

Re: Cant open certain sites
Hi robert,

on monday or tuesday it was all working fine, then computer done the update,
i also bought over the net the power director 7 but only comes to 10% and
stops working, i tried to block my trend security and it comes to 30% but
thats all it comes too and doesnt work, i uninstalled trend security
restarted computer tried and same thing happened, i deleted the power
director files because the company is going to send me a cd because on their
computer it says its failed too, so i deleted that didnt work, i loaded up
trend security again because it was not the cause. in another post few days
ago i was given a website "cant open secure sites" sent to me by Rey Santos
(try Dr-tcp) that wasnt it
i done most things from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813444 only problem
i came across was method 4, re-register .dll files
i done this manually , Cmd-> regsvr32 softpub.dll wasa first one which was
fine and then done rest which were9, i think 4 didnt work or werent
recongnized thats the only problem i ran into there, so i did uninstall the
2-3 things and didnt work did try change security levels but was all same,
reset IE8 in the options tab,nothing has worked, ive tried with not
systemtools, IE (with no add ons) same problem there.

when i type in the address, www.sportsbet.com.au, it will show up in the tab
http://www.sportsbet.com.au and will be loading, at the bottom it will say
waiting for http://www.sportsbet.com.au the green indicator goes around 35%
and never moves and it keeps trying to load doesnt matter how long you leave
it there for nothing happens,
so far i cant get 2 sites working with the same problem not sure how many
others there is.

i cant thank you enough for trying to help me, thank you

Appreciate your help