Text and window sizes problem

Jamie

Text and window sizes problem
I have installed explorer 8, when I go on to different web sites I have to
resize the zoom and text sizes.
I have tried all the usual settings and set up the same as other pcs with no
success.
One thing that I have noticed is the HTML editor will only let me select
notepad not word could this be the problem?

any help would be much appreciated, cheers Jamie
C.D

Re: Text and window sizes problem

"Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have installed explorer 8, when I go on to different web sites I have to
> resize the zoom and text sizes.
> I have tried all the usual settings and set up the same as other pcs with
> no
> success.
> One thing that I have noticed is the HTML editor will only let me select
> notepad not word could this be the problem?
>
> any help would be much appreciated, cheers Jamie

go to tools- internet options-advanced

first section accessibility

tick or untick the reset options

Jamie

Re: Text and window sizes problem
Thanks for that C.D but still not solved the problem, some sites still fit
the page others are too large, any other suggestions?
cheers Jamie

"C.D" wrote:

> "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have installed explorer 8, when I go on to different web sites I have to
> > resize the zoom and text sizes.
> > I have tried all the usual settings and set up the same as other pcs with
> > no
> > success.
> > One thing that I have noticed is the HTML editor will only let me select
> > notepad not word could this be the problem?
> >
> > any help would be much appreciated, cheers Jamie

> go to tools- internet options-advanced
>
> first section accessibility
>
> tick or untick the reset options

Don Varnau

Re: Text and window sizes problem
Hi,
More on CD's ideas. Internet Options> Advanced> Accessibility, uncheck both
"Reset text size" options. Check "Reset zoom level for new windows and
tabs."

Then try this...
Open only one IE window. Open a webpage. Set the zoom level and text size
you want. Close the window. Do those settings stick?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

> Thanks for that C.D but still not solved the problem, some sites still fit
> the page others are too large, any other suggestions?
> cheers Jamie

> "C.D" wrote:
> > go to tools- internet options-advanced
> >
> > first section accessibility
> >
> > tick or untick the reset options

> > "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have installed explorer 8, when I go on to different web sites I

have to
> > > resize the zoom and text sizes.
> > > I have tried all the usual settings and set up the same as other pcs

with
> > > no
> > > success.
> > > One thing that I have noticed is the HTML editor will only let me

select
> > > notepad not word could this be the problem?
> > >
> > > any help would be much appreciated, cheers Jamie

Jamie

Re: Text and window sizes problem
Hi Don and thanks for helping me out, No the settings didnt stick, my home
page is google and it looks fine at 100% zoom and text medium, if I go to
ebay the home page is way to large with probably just over half the home page
visible, could this be a monitor set up/size problem. can you explain the
compatability view option thats available.

cheers Jamie

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> More on CD's ideas. Internet Options> Advanced> Accessibility, uncheck both
> "Reset text size" options. Check "Reset zoom level for new windows and
> tabs."
>
> Then try this...
> Open only one IE window. Open a webpage. Set the zoom level and text size
> you want. Close the window. Do those settings stick?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for that C.D but still not solved the problem, some sites still fit
> > the page others are too large, any other suggestions?
> > cheers Jamie

> > "C.D" wrote:
> > > go to tools- internet options-advanced
> > >
> > > first section accessibility
> > >
> > > tick or untick the reset options

> > > "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> have to

> with

> select

Jamie

Re: Text and window sizes problem
I am now getting it to remember the previous setting with all the resets
unticked, again google is fine but ebay too large when it first appears its
fine for a split second then only a quarter of the home page visible?>

"Jamie" wrote:

> Hi Don and thanks for helping me out, No the settings didnt stick, my home
> page is google and it looks fine at 100% zoom and text medium, if I go to
> ebay the home page is way to large with probably just over half the home page
> visible, could this be a monitor set up/size problem. can you explain the
> compatability view option thats available.
>
> cheers Jamie
>
> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > More on CD's ideas. Internet Options> Advanced> Accessibility, uncheck both
> > "Reset text size" options. Check "Reset zoom level for new windows and
> > tabs."
> >
> > Then try this...
> > Open only one IE window. Open a webpage. Set the zoom level and text size
> > you want. Close the window. Do those settings stick?
> > -
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]
> >
> > "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for that C.D but still not solved the problem, some sites still fit
> > > the page others are too large, any other suggestions?
> > > cheers Jamie

> > have to

> > with

> > select

Don Varnau

Re: Text and window sizes problem
Hi,
Next step...
With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall or re-enable browser add-ons, work
through this article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

Useful for recovering stored passwords before you clear all stored login
data:
IE PassView- NirSoft:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/interne..._password.html

What a reset of IE settings will do:
Windows Vista Help- Reset Internet Explorer settings:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fe1771033.mspx
- - - - -
Re: Compatibility View...
Look for Compatibility View on this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...es/easier.aspx

Don
[MS MVP- IE]