Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Removing the "Previously opened tabs" IE8

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Removing the "Previously opened tabs" IE8
IE8 on Windows 7RC.
Is there a way of deleting the previously opened tabs from the list on
opeing a new blank tab without deleting all the history as well? I know I
can hide them but I would like to physically remove them from the list.

Thanks

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing the "Previously opened tabs" IE8

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2A44BE91-F7A5-4A54-B86E-E06A4D3BC499@microsoft.com...
> IE8 on Windows 7RC.
> Is there a way of deleting the previously opened tabs from the list on
> opeing a new blank tab without deleting all the history as well? I know I
> can hide them but I would like to physically remove them from the list.



Change your New tab to about:Blank instead of about:Tabs


>
> Thanks
>



; )


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-17-2009
Gordon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing the "Previously opened tabs" IE8

"Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
news:#talbDvBKHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:2A44BE91-F7A5-4A54-B86E-E06A4D3BC499@microsoft.com...
>> IE8 on Windows 7RC.
>> Is there a way of deleting the previously opened tabs from the list on
>> opeing a new blank tab without deleting all the history as well? I know I
>> can hide them but I would like to physically remove them from the list.

>
>
> Change your New tab to about:Blank instead of about:Tabs
>


Thanks.....done!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-18-2009
Helpful Helper
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Removing the "Previously opened tabs" IE8
One other option - keep the New Tab page, but close the previously deleted
tab group (see the little up/down arrow next to "Reopen closed tabs?" If
it's pointing DOWN it means it will display the list of tabs by default, if
it's UP it means it hides the list by default). Your choice will stick,
meaning, you can close the group by default and it will stay closed each
time you open the new tab.

Personally I think the New Tab page is far more useful than about:blank



"Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:F5E5920D-7675-45FC-8CD8-5EDD2EF510C7@microsoft.com...
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" <robald@techemail.com> wrote in message
> news:#talbDvBKHA.5068@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:2A44BE91-F7A5-4A54-B86E-E06A4D3BC499@microsoft.com...
>>> IE8 on Windows 7RC.
>>> Is there a way of deleting the previously opened tabs from the list on
>>> opeing a new blank tab without deleting all the history as well? I know
>>> I
>>> can hide them but I would like to physically remove them from the list.

>>
>>
>> Change your New tab to about:Blank instead of about:Tabs
>>

>
> Thanks.....done!
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to clear "save as" dialog box previously used file names MikeyL microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 12-17-2007 02:38
HELP! need help on removing "recent __" in the "searches" folder =?Utf-8?B?U05PV0JPTUI3?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 22 04-10-2007 17:40
HELP! need help on removing "recent __" in the "searches" folder =?Utf-8?B?U05PV0JPTUI3?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 04-06-2007 08:27
previously working USB devices now showing as "Unknown Device" =?Utf-8?B?QSBM?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 5 02-27-2007 15:18
"Recently Opened Programs" list and "Search for program" fail =?Utf-8?B?SmVsbGUgS29vaQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-13-2007 13:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120