Dysfunctional Browser Window?

Jim Wood

Dysfunctional Browser Window?
I'm running IE8 under Vista-64. Every now and then I'll open IE, either from
scratch or bring up a new tab, put in an address and NOTHING happens. It
just sits there with the little circle going round and round. I can open
another tab, put in the same address, and BINGO, I'm there. It's as though
that particular 'appearance' of IE is just retarded... oh, sorry,
'functionally challenged.' Even after a new tab or window opens and displays
the sought-after address, that 'tard (oh, there I go again) window is still
circling for a landing.

Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal, but...
Leonard Grey

Re: Dysfunctional Browser Window?
I experience the same thing from time to time, even with Firefox. Try to
keep in mind that a web browser is just the front end for the internet,
any part of which can fail and revive from one second to the next.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jim Wood wrote:
> I'm running IE8 under Vista-64. Every now and then I'll open IE, either from
> scratch or bring up a new tab, put in an address and NOTHING happens. It
> just sits there with the little circle going round and round. I can open
> another tab, put in the same address, and BINGO, I'm there. It's as though
> that particular 'appearance' of IE is just retarded... oh, sorry,
> 'functionally challenged.' Even after a new tab or window opens and displays
> the sought-after address, that 'tard (oh, there I go again) window is still
> circling for a landing.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal, but...

Jim Wood

Re: Dysfunctional Browser Window?
Meaning, I take it, that we just live with it. I'm good with that, just one
more thing in our technological age that isn't quite right. Thanks!

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> I experience the same thing from time to time, even with Firefox. Try to
> keep in mind that a web browser is just the front end for the internet,
> any part of which can fail and revive from one second to the next.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jim Wood wrote:
> > I'm running IE8 under Vista-64. Every now and then I'll open IE, either from
> > scratch or bring up a new tab, put in an address and NOTHING happens. It
> > just sits there with the little circle going round and round. I can open
> > another tab, put in the same address, and BINGO, I'm there. It's as though
> > that particular 'appearance' of IE is just retarded... oh, sorry,
> > 'functionally challenged.' Even after a new tab or window opens and displays
> > the sought-after address, that 'tard (oh, there I go again) window is still
> > circling for a landing.
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem? It's not a big deal, but...

Leonard Grey

Re: Dysfunctional Browser Window?
For all its sophistication, the internet is still fragile.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est