Explorer deceased - RIP

Ray

Explorer deceased - RIP
After downloading and installing IE8 which turned out to be a corrupt copy and
which fouled up my entire PC, I uninstalled it and went back to IE7. After a
very lengthy install IE7 does not run. I cannot access the internet to
download another IE7 or IE8 so I am without a browser. I was happy with IE7
and would like to get it back but first have to find out how to get explorer
to run.

--
Ray

Don Varnau

Re: Explorer deceased - RIP
Hi,
Plan A...
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons from:
Right-click the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928426

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Plan B...
Download (to another computer) unzip and run ie8-rereg.zip from
http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=a...133&artlang=en It's a
very small file- less than 2 KB.

Plan C...
So you're not without a browser, download (to another computer) Firefox (7.7
MB) from http://www.mozilla.com Transfer it to this machine and install.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ray" <rbarone@nwi.net> wrote in message
> After downloading and installing IE8 which turned out to be a corrupt copy

and
> which fouled up my entire PC, I uninstalled it and went back to IE7.

After a
> very lengthy install IE7 does not run. I cannot access the internet to
> download another IE7 or IE8 so I am without a browser. I was happy with

IE7
> and would like to get it back but first have to find out how to get

explorer
> to run.
>
> - -
> Ray

Leonard Grey

Re: Explorer deceased - RIP
Based on the information you provided:

You somehow got your hands on a 'corrupt' copy of Internet Explorer 8,
but you don't say why it's corrupt or where you got this corrupt version
of Internet Explorer. (The download on Microsoft's website is not corrupt.)

In any case, this copy of IE 8 'fouled up your entire PC,' but you don't
explain how your computer is 'fouled up' or even what version of Windows
you have.

With no other details to go on, and because Internet Explorer is part of
the Windows operating system, the only solution for a 'fouled up'
operating system is a reinstall (unless you have a known good backup.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Ray wrote:
> After downloading and installing IE8 which turned out to be a corrupt copy and
> which fouled up my entire PC, I uninstalled it and went back to IE7. After a
> very lengthy install IE7 does not run. I cannot access the internet to
> download another IE7 or IE8 so I am without a browser. I was happy with IE7
> and would like to get it back but first have to find out how to get explorer
> to run.

Re: Explorer deceased - RIP
Please stick with your original thread (where you told us much more than you
did in this new one):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a556de7c2cbf95